Why does my laptop boot faster than my more powerfull desktop?

I make sure I get all the latest and greatest.

I cant tell you exactly why your computer is slower to boot, but I can tell you it is normal.

Common windows start time to desktop for most computers I have worked on is about 30 to 90 seconds with ssd's. Now, how do you make it faster and why is it slow. Desktops have allot more checks to go through then pre-configured laptops, most laptop companies optimize for boot time - where as your desktop you get standard everything (more options more checks slower boots). I'm not going to go through every step instead im just going to point to the first google search i did make your computer faster link. Basically you need to find the settings for your motherboard/bios - make sure your hd is plugged into the first sata port that boots. Then in windows you need to turn on and off what you need what you don't need. you will end up with something like power 1-10seconds till windows then windows 1-10 seconds. I've gotten my computer to boot to desktop in under 10 seconds from power but it was with an empty os.

Thank you for supplying that link.  I will check it out.  My laptop boots to Windows in around 10 seconds, and that is with fast start-up disabled.  My desktop takes around two to three times longer, also with fast start-up disabled.  If anything, I would prefer my computer to do all the necessary checks and procedures, in full.  It is nice to have a quick boot time though, especially with a laptop, and especially when it is running off a battery.

Turn on fast boot inn your desktop BIOS