Why buy a RTX 3070 over a 3060 TI?

I would love a wide monitor as well. But graphics is needed more than a new monitor.
But when thinking about it, I would rather have a 3 or 4 monitor setup on a Visa mount. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had a couple of 25" 1440p Dell monitors at my last job, and I thought the pixel density was pretty nice at that size. The response time wasn’t bad, either.

Regarding the GPU - Unless you’ll be using them for any compute workloads that’ll benefit from the extra CUDA cores, because they’re so similar in games (the 3060Ti being about 10% slower), I’d personally be inclined to save the money there and spend it on a better monitor.

That is also a great point. I have a list from the reseller with which cards will be fulfilled. From what I can see only 3070 can be fulfilled.

So my thread is turning arbitrary…

I have your same problem sir with the same card.

If you with to remain at 1080p, Steve from Gamers Nexus gave a recent perspective on the 970.

Basically if you wish to stay on 1080, the 970 is still a reasonable gaming card today, unless you want the modern AAA games. Pricing is unreasonable right now with the mining boom, trade tariffs, and pandemic. Sadly, you wont probably get a reasonably priced card that can stretch the value as good as the 970.

The best time to buy was actually last year after Christmas, but this is only in retrospect. It was a narrow window to buy and that window period may have passed.

Maybe wait for mining to cool down again, wait for the US president to ease up on the tariffs and wait for the pandemic to die down. Its a lot of uncomfortable waiting, I know, but give it time for the prices to get near their MSRP.

In my area, the “reasonably” priced GPU is the 5700XT and that was only about 20USD cheaper than its price when it released. The RTX 3070 is priced at 800 USD when it should be around 500 USD.

2 Likes

I’ve got a 27" monitor and on my desk, its plenty big enough, borderline too big for my desk. Its fine to use but…

“Sit further back” isn’t always an option. If I felt the monitor was too big in terms of usable screen, If I was to do that as a remedy I won’t be able to reach my keyboard, mouse, etc.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.