Why are the PC 360s so cheap?

Recently I started compiling components for my first gaming pc.  I wanted to purchase the Sennheiser PC 360 headphones because I've heard wonderful things about them.  However, there is an alarming price discrepancy between Amazon and Newegg + Sennheiser.  According to pcpartpicker.com, the PC 360s have been about $165 since the end of July 2013.  

What am I missing?  Why such a huge gap?  

Because Amazon kicks ass, and check if its from Amazon or a seller.

Can't argue with that.  Bought 'em.

Nice, let me know how they are, I have the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s.

So far I'm very happy with the PC360s.  They are absurdly lightweight and comfortable, even while wearing glasses.  The audio quality seems fine, though I'm not the most qualified to speak on that.  They seem relatively sturdy, though I still carry them around like an infant, just to be careful.  Really the main thing that struck me was how comfortable they are.  I almost forgot they were on after a while.

I have seen those and they remind me of my HD428s with a mic on the side.  The comfort on mine is really nice too like you mentioned.  Some people say that the sennhieser head phones are no the best sound for the dollar but the comfort makes up for it I think.