Who will be getting the Pixel C like myself?

As soon as I learned about the Pixel C, I knew I'd have to have it. The android tablet space has gotten really dull and disappointing to me as the market has become flooded with really cheap shit devices that are worthless for anything more than reading books. I'm someone who doesn't own a laptop, nor do I want one as I believe that Windows without any high performance hardware behind it is pretty useless too.

For the past couple years I've been using a Nexus 10 which I so dearly love however it's certainly aged as a device and as soon as it lost all support from Google, I flipped it as soon as I could. A good mobile device top me is something that is built from the ground up to be used on the go, like Android, and I hope so much that the pixel C is a good replacement to my nexus.

Rumor is that it's releasing tomorrow, the 8th, and I'll likely order it as soon as it's available. Who else plans on doing so?

I wouldn't at the moment. for one simple reason. they copied the Surface idea. I'm curious if they will copy the Surface Book concept. cause that makes more sense then Google's little magnetic bluetooth keyboard.. ALSO the damn thing doesn't even have a Stylus. for tablet productivity, that should not even be an option. it's a necessity.

I don't plan on getting the keyboard as I typically get along just fine with the on-screen keyboard. The fact that they blatantly copied the surface idea doesn't bother me, in-fact if Microsoft had released a surface version with Android, something of which they are completely entitled to do, I would probably already have owned it.

I'm not an artist and have no use for a stylus, and for those who are looking for something like that I typically recommend the surface pro at that point anyway (with the iPad pro in consideration as well) since the adobe suite on mobile is garbage thus far, and that's typically what they're looking for.

I don't have a problem with it, IF they do it better. however at the moment there's no appeal to it right now. it's just a high end "Nexus" tablet and it's still a "Toy" in my honest opinion. Google should of announced it but let it run Google's Hybrid OS that they are making. though sadly that's not coming till 2017. (if you don't already know, Google is going to get rid of ChromeOS and just combine Android the mobile OS and ChromeOS the desktop OS in to a hybrid OS.. Which is what they should of done from the very beginning)

As for the stylus thing, you don't have to use it for drawing, though that is an option. a stylus is excellent for note-taking. believe it or not that is a thing and OneNote is available on Android.

Well considering what I got rid of an anticipation for it was a Nexus 10, I'm evidently the exact target market they're looking for. I did know about the new hybrid OS powered by the android backend, however I don't think it's something I'll like unless I try it, as the concept of a mobile desktop is what Microsoft has struggled to get people on board with in Windows 8/8.1/10.

yeah but they are struggling because they are having trouble getting developers to make applications. though funnily enough there are developers getting on the ball now but that's a discussion for another time.

Android has all the app support there. though for actual work, it's still not that good. it needs more storage, it needs something other than a Type C port and it just needs to take advantage of multi-tasking efficently, that's about it really. I've always said in the past, if Google utilized the GNOME desktop but tweaked it a bit to work with Android that would be amazing as hell.

I have no clue what the Pixel C is and really don't care as I don't need to be buying more hardware as I already don't use what I have enough for more than just gaming and I don't even do enough of that on my hardware either.

XD Well thanks for the contribution.

1 Like

I just use a cheap tablet for reading magazines. I have a phone and laptop and desktop and shield portable for everything else

So, after some incredibly quick shipping, I HAVE IT. After some time on it, my first impressions are that it's fast, like really fast... Like incredibly blazing fast... Admittedly the UI experience on an apple device is super smooth, and this is the closest to that experience that I've ever had on an android device. Therefore I'm extremely satisfied, now I'm just going to be looking for a good leather folio, so if anyone sees anything pop up let me know!