Who runs cool intel i3 or amd ryzen 3 3200g/ ryzen 5 3400g

I’m rocking both Elementary on laptop and desktop, but I hop a lot since I don’t use these machines to real work.

Already used solus, budgie was nice, the OS itself is ok but the repos aren’t quite there yet. Manjaro and Fedora on the other hand have some really nice official repos.

Yeah I agree repos aren’t quite there yet compare to other distribution. But one this I like about Solus is it built from scratch. It’s not the fork of another distribution ( ubuntu fork of debian manjaro fork of arch ) I had run Solus Mate live ( Big fan gnome 2 look and feel ) and I really like it. But now I wanted to use it on daily basis.
Hey what’s your PC spec?

2400G with 16 gigs of ram, chipset B350, 1 tb spinning rust and i5 2450m with 8 gigs of ram and 240 gigs ssd

and I use the laptop more, btw brought it to work today to train some java

Motherboard manufacturer?

HP desktop and dell laptop, respectively

Ok. Hey do you think 1x8 GB 3000MHz RAM works fine on Ryzen 5 3400g if gaming is not into consideration?

perhaps… what languages are you intending to use?

but 16 gigs would get you set for almost everything… could have many browser tabs open, IDE, some VMs for testing and all…

Yeah that’s right.

1 Like

Not having dual channel isnt going to be the end of the world. It will work.

That’s true buddy.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.