Who here uses Sound Cards?

My current sound machine:

CreativeLabs Sound Blaster Audigy (live!) ZS2, default drivers, no mods, however theres an eq table plug in board with a hot amp on it that I want.

ZxR imo is a great option for HD H6XX.
Have you tried foobar as a nusic player?

I recently decided to use my SB Xfi Elite Pro (yes, it’s a PCI board) in a build to see if I could pair it with Tidal and use its DAC to send analog audio to my Denon Receiver plus speakers. It works very well and I can hear the difference from standard quality coming through Spotify. I also use a usbc Dragonfly Black DAC with my phone and it sounds wonderful

1 Like

I have tried foobar and it’s great though it takes some work getting it setup.

I unfortunately can’t do the ZxR since it’s not a USB DAC and that’s what I’m looking for.

I’m kinda looking at some of the Fiio options like the K3 or K5 Pro.

I had one briefly but didn’t know at the time of purchase that it wouldn’t work with me using my Smart Tv as a display. I purchased a Creative Labs AE7 thinking it would offload sound processing altogether, thus improving performance overall. Unfortunately, this is an unanswered question for obvious reasons.

I use a Schiit Hel v1 - they’ve since come out w/ a v2

I really like that it has a mic input with gain control. It’s also plug 'n play on linux (which I think is 'standard" on all Schiit DACs?)

Welp, just got to upgrade to Sound Blaster AE5 Plus, more or less due to a failing cap on my old DGX and I can’t really get audio caps locally, so if I get to fixing it will need to go all the way to aliexpress or ebay

I have an audigy X-Fi PCI. Basic, cheap and fan freakin-tastic in my old first ish gen i7 XP retro rocket. I’d use it in my every day 5900x but sadly no PCi slots and I’m too cheap to go though the trouble of buying and trying a PCI-E to PCI bridge and all the EAX goodnesss is gone in modern Windows. Probably cheaper to buy a PCI-E X-Fi but my mountain of PCB and computer scrap doesn’t need another unused board.

1 Like

Cool, my X370-A board has PCI slots, but I’ve kinda stopped using them for a while now, since I’m pretty much moved to onboard and PCIe hardware.
Do you by any chance use Daniel_K’s drivers?

Updating my statement here, i’ve been running this Loxjie A30 for the past half year, crazy good device for the price, does everything i need.
Can’t even remember the last time i’ve used the sound chip from my motherboard…

1 Like