Whisk(e)y

I just tried the Arborialis…
It is sweet, fruity, herbal… Fairly lovely, but it have a little bit of a weird off taste. I guess the malt but it kinda kills a bit of the enjoyment out of it…

Celebrating paying off my TV 7 months early (it’s the little victories, right?). My store had this for $34USD and I must say, it’s actually quite a nice gift set if you’re looking to gift it.

3 Likes

Oh wow, blue label for 37$, and gold and green and a bottle of clack…
That is more than a great value…

750ml BLACK with 50ml samplers of everything higher up than it. It’s literally the same cost as just a 750ml Black on a regular day. It IS a deal from a price standpoint. I can actually try “higher end” scotch at a poor man’s price… for whatever that is worth.

3 Likes

Its a healthy spread, to assess if chasing down higher tiered bottlings, is even worth it

2 Likes

I haven’t touched the samplers yet. It will be 48 hours between each, because taste is key for me, not status.

2 Likes

I know, I have some decent whiskays to try. I dare not try them on a bad day, cause I would not appreciate the flavor enough…
Man, I have a lot of alcohol to drink…
:rofl:

1 Like

Even though I am celebrating, I have definitely had enough. :rofl:

1 Like
  • Four Roses Single Barrel
  • Four Roses Small Batch
0 voters

Ordered the small batch…

1 Like

Some stuff arrived yesterday, but I am unpacking today, cause I have more time…
Like my gin with puppies I mean poppies and some liqueur I grabbed on sale cause the bottle looked nice…
Oh yeah, and the four roses small batch…

Q: Do you drink all of this?
A: No. No I do not. I have quite a lot of bottles I have not opened yet, but I am still piling more and more on top.

PS. I totally forgot. When I opened the box I found this pack and I forgot what it was. I managed to hit some extra promotion, where when you order Four Roses you get glasses…

So I have now two extra whisk(e)y glasses. That makes the total about 27 or something, and I drink alone
:joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

So, I tried the Johnnie Walker samplers and I don’t think that any of the higher tier offerings are worth their asking prices vs actual taste.

Gold Label Reserve - Harsh and has a meh taste overall
Green Label - Less harsh than Gold, but still a meh taste overall
18 Year - Smooth and initial taste is good, but the aftertaste is a little meh
Blue Label - Same as 18 Year, but better aftertaste

I know taste is subjective, but yeah, I still think Dewar’s 12 Year is the best Scotch I’ve ever had and it is SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive.

1 Like