Which sound bar should I go for?

So I was looking to upgrade my old old surround sound. I am happy with the sound of them and I bought them about 6 years ago for $70. I was looking to get this sound bar, is this one good quality?

I also noticed that there is another model that is 300 watt instead of 120 watt, what does the watt do? And if I got the 300 watt one, would it sound better? Or louder?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B012B7S4DE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=XJBUXNMHMM0A&coliid=I1MMLMZ9ZKE1RT this one is also 300 watt and I was interested as well. thanks for any help on this topic!

If your current surround sound works, it probably has better sound quality than that sound bar.

is it a really bad sound bar? do you know a good quality one i can get?

It's mostly a limitation of the sound bar form factor. You simply won't get the same surround sound experience from it.

it is surround sound, but we dont have it set up very well. We put all the speakers around the wall behind the tv because the cords arnt long enough to properly set up our living room. would the sound bar sound better? also, whats the difference in 120 watt and 300 watt bars?

300W can produce 180W more of sound than the 120W.

I'd recommend picking up sound equipment locally. Most stores have a way to turn off all of the speakers except one and you can iterate through the models until you find the one that sounds best.