Which PSU for Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master?

Hi, I’m building a new PC with a Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master and I know that I need at least 650 watts PSU.

What I don’t understand is the 2 8-pin power connectors on the motherboard. I can’t find a PSU that has 2 8-pin power connectors.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do?

The CPU is the 3900X.

PCpartpicker lists a whole load of PSU’s that are compatible but none of them have a second 8 pin motherboard connector.

I have an old Corsair HX1050 semi-modular PSU from 2012 that I never used. Can I use that and if so, how do I connect the second 8 pin motherboard cable?

If not, can someone recommend a very reliable modular PSU that would be suitable

As you can probably tell PSU’s are not my strong point!!!

You should be able to use that psu perfectly fine.
You don’t really need to connect the second 8 pin, it’s not needed.
But i suppose that particular psu likely has two 8 pin cpu power connectors.

If you are looking for a decent psu,
you could look into something like a Seasonic Focus Gold 750W series.
Seasonic is a really great brand when it comes to psu’s.
The Focus gold series are not their top of the line models,
but they are still great and there for affordable.

99% of the time those are electrically connected, so as long as you attach power to one of them it will work.

Which country are you located? In general I’d recommend most 80+ Gold/Platinum/Titanium rated Seasonics, be quiet, Superflower, FSP, and EVGA power supplies.

Not sure if images past okay in here but this is what it has

I’m in the UK. I was going to buy Seasonic but it got some negative reviews on Amazon so was not sure. I have some Corsair, Seasonic and be quiet and never had an issue so the negative comments on Amazon surprised me. But I haven’t bought a PSU since 2012.

That’s kinda interesting, but i generally don’t really stare bling on amazon etc reviews.
Seasonic is one of the best psu manufacturers.
And they also produce the boards for many other brands higherend line of psu’s.

Seasonic Focus Gold series are not their top of the line model.
But just a step below that, there for they are more affordable.
But still great quality gold rated psu’s.
Platinum and Titanium rated psu’s are a bit overkill for most use case scenario’s.
Those generally make more sense in high productive systems or servers,
on which power efficiency is very important.

For the average home use systems or workstations a good gold rated psu is more then fine.
Seasonic Focus Gold 750W or 850W if you like to have more headroom,
is something i could really recommend.
And there is also a 1000W unit for a few bucks more then the 850W model at least up here.
So that could be something to consider if you ever want to go with two gpu’s.
But if not then a 750W will be more then fine.

Given the details on the Corsair I already have would you still say I could use it?

Does the 4+4 pin EPS12V/ATX12V allow me to plug in the second 8 pin power connector and if so, should I?

I never know what to make of Amazon reviews anymore but the ones I read said the Seasonic died, They mainly get 4/5 star reviews but quite a few saying they died.

The 2 Corsair PSU’s that I have are only over 100 watts because Amazon kept shipping me the wrong part. I ordered two 650 watt PSU’s but Amazon did not want them back as they said they could not ship the correct parts.

Yes.

You don´t need to plugin the additional 8 pin power connectors, Just the main 8 pin is sufficient.
But yes you could also plugin the addional modular cable in the second 8 pin if you want to.
But like i said it´s not really needed.
Because the additional 8 pin doesn´t really do much.

Thank you so much.

My gigabyte X570 aorus master uses 2, 8 pins also. I wanted a Seasonic 850 watt platinum, but none were available. I bought a EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G5, 80 Plus Gold 750W, Fully Modular, Eco Mode with FDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, for $140. American here in the states. Buildzoid on Gamers nexus says it isn’t needed unless you buy a 3950x and plan on overclocking it.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.