Which phone should I get?

It's been a good while since I last got a new phone and am looking to update my old Samsung S2+. I was set on getting a One Plus X, but seeing as they are no longer available for purchase I am forced to reconsider. My budget is ~ 250EUR and will be buying the phone in Lithuania.

So far after looking around theese are my contenders:

Honor 5X 249,99 €
Honor 7 Lite 219,99 €
Huawei P9 Lite 269,99 €
Honor 6 245,00 €
Asus ZenFone 2 ZD551KL 269,99 €

So, which one should I go with and why?

All I am going to say as an owner of both an Asus Zenfone 2 and an Honor 5x is that its not worth buying them now. the Honor 6 is the refreshed and slightly better 5x imho and there is now the Zen Phone 3 which is honestly better. the problem with the Zen Phone 2 is that it has an Atom processor, while it is neat to have it takes special coding for apps to work with it and not everyone does that programing.

1 Like

Nokia 3310

Snake II
Can't be hacked
almost indestructible
Snake II
with a modern Li-Poly it can do weeks on a single charge
Plenty of covers available still
Snake II
Will last for decades
Less than 100EUR even with a new battery
Snake II

Did I mention Snake II ?

1 Like

The Zenfone 2 I have in mind is ( ZD551KL) with 3GB of RAM and Snapdragon 615. As for Zenfone 3 , it's not available were I live, and if it was it's way out of my budget.

As far as I can tell Honor 6 is an older model than 5x so is it really a "refreshed" 5x?

Joking aside, the Honor 5X looks like a good phone, but be careful with rooting those. Last week we spent an entire afternoon trying to sort out a member's rooted 5x that bricked itself when he tried to install an OTA update.

So I'm assuming that one of these phones will be bought separately? Like from a mass retailer instead of through your phone carrier?

Yes

the ZenFone 2 is not really worth getting at this day and age, its two years old and replacements if you have to get warranty work done will be harder.

you are right i mixed up the product number as they just released the new version which if its avalable in your area you should look at https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_5?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=honor+8&sprefix=honor%2Caps%2C116

I recently bought a used Nexus 6 in very good condition, very nice phone. It is big, but when watching videos, and surfing. The big screen is a plus.
My son is getting a Nexus 5x for Christmas, got a good deal on a new one. Also a nice phone.
I generally stick to the Nexus devices, to get the vanilla Android experience, and get the latest updates faster.
I started with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, then the Nexus4, the Nexus5, and lastly the Nexus6 :)

the 3330. Has WAP

None of those phone is really a good deal. If you can get your hands on a Moto G4, especially the Plus model. Software is great, not bleated but still has some useful features and hardware is good (mid range Snapdragon 617, 2GB of RAM and FHD screen). Also they get updated often.

Man you're forgetting about Space Impact, the tone composer and that sweet Mission Impossible theme that's stuck in my head!