Which of these 4 monitors is best suited for my build? (Advice, thoughts, opinions, etc. are highly appreciated!)

OK. So here’s a little update on my personal endeavor/project of upgrading from a crappy laptop to my 1st custom desktop pc: I am almost ready to build, but I still have yet to acquire the GPU & a monitor before I’m officially ready to build the pc.

However, deciding on the perfect monitor is proving to be a bit challenging for me. Right now, I’m torn between the MSI Optix MAG321CQR, the MSI Optix MAG271CQR, the MSI Optix MPG27CQ, & the CV27Q from Aorus.

Now I know there are some “minor” differences between them, but I am trying to decide which would be best suited for my build. With that being said, would a 1500R curve be better for beginner gamers or would an 1800R curve be better instead? :thinking: (I’d like to hear your thoughts on this as I think I will enjoy curved monitors for the added immersion.) For the most part, I plan on gaming at 2560x1440 at max/ultra settings, but I don’t think I will be running any AAA titles just yet unless I change my mind later on. BTW, I will provide a link to my build in case any of you should want to know the hardware config/setup I’ll be rocking.

PC build link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6Wdbtp

If you have ANY questions for me or simply might need more details, feel free to drop me a line & I’ll be sure to answer as best I can. Thank you to anyone who might be able to help! :slight_smile:

So, let me chime in with the following. First and foremost, please provide links to the monitors. Sure, I can google and stuff, but clicking on links is even better. :wink:

After taking a look at all of them (without reading any reviews whatsoever) I would say from a stat-perspective the Gigabyte monitor seems like the best one. Thus, I’d pick this one, but I’d also read a bunch of reviews.
I’ve bought a new monitor 2 months ago and it took me about half a year to decide which one to pick. Also, spend more money on your monitor than on your GPU. You will use it significantly longer than the GPU and it is money well spent in my opinion :wink:

Edit: My monitor has a 1800R curve, but it is also quite different from default ones :smiley:

Sorry. I had meant to provide comparison links but I guess I forgot! Anyway, here is the link comparing the MSI monitors: https://us.msi.com/comparison/monitor/?unique=id1571253770535&compare_list=["T3B0aXgtTUFHMjcxQ1FS","T3B0aXgtTUFHMzIxQ1FS","T3B0aXgtTVBHMjdDUQ=="]

And this is the link for Aorus CV27Q in case you need to know the specs: https://www.aorus.com/CV27Q So you recommend 1800R over 1500R? :thinking:

Hopefully, that will help you so you can help me! :slight_smile:

I’ve googled the monitors and taken a look at the comparison charts without reading any reviews. As mentioned above, from a pure spec perspective, the Gigabyte appears to be the best one.

My monitor has 1800R and I’m perfectly fine with that, don’t know if 1500R would be better or worse. That being said, my monitor is the one linked below and as mentioned above, it is quite different:

OK. But I should make you aware that I’m not really after a monitor that big. But anyway, thanks for the reply! BTW, if you know of anyone else who can help, just be sure to tell them, or share this post or something! :slight_smile: Just want a few more opinions if I can get any.

I know, it also has a quite different price tag. I just wanted to let you know on what experience I base my 1800R statement :wink:

Don’t worry. I perfectly understand the point you’re making! :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.