Which is better? Studio Beats or Monster DNA?

well... considering the one's you're looking at are counterfeits...

or I'm just trying to get the better headphones

dude. beats and monster are both total pieces of shit.

go with some real cans, like seinheiser, sony, beyerdynamics, etc.

lol im having a monster ad on this page right now! :D

i wouldnt even consider buying beats or monster headphones...

if there were only beats and monster headphones left on this world, i would use speakers :D

good, it turned into a bayerdynamic ad now.

I'm still standing by the fact that the cheaper monster headphones are worth the money :c NTunes are great.

No you are not. If you were you'd be asking which AT, beyer, grado, sony, senn, brainwavs, AKG, Shure,..., etc to buy.

Like everyone's been saying here, and on your other post a few days ago, the only reason to get beats is to say "I have beats".  Even spending $80 on the Grado SR-60i's would result in great sound quality and save yourself good chunk of change.  Or if you really want to spend more on headphones you can look at other brands/models etc.  Just stay away from the artist-branded stuff.  You're paying at least double just for the name.

What makes you say the set in that picture are counterfeits?

I've compared those directly to my $60 Sony ones, I've also had my Audiophile friend compare them and he agrees with me that my Sony ones are still preferable. Mine also happen to be more comfortable, at least if you've got a large head. Plus mine had an in-line mic and controls.

These are comfortable, and have in-line mic and controls, too :x.

Yes, but can you buy a legit pair, brand new, for the $30 I spent for mine? Just to preface, I did actually have the opportunity to test the pair you mentioned with my own music (the Starbound OST) and they sound okay, even good. But my Sony headphones sound just as good, even better. And that is with a bone stock equalizer. If I tweak it slightly to drop the bass and boost the treble then they get even better.

Denon makes nice monitor headphones too.

This thread is basically now a discussion about different good budget headphones.

Moral of the story:  [Insert actual audio company here] headphones in the same price range, and usually at much lower price ranges as well, will have significantly better quality products than [insert popular artist headphone here] that is the current fad.

As would the Monster headphones ;).

I do agree though, the more expensive versions are crap. But personally, I like the sound of mine. Mostly because I dont like too much bass, for most things, unless I'm just feeling Bassy. Then I use my sound system, and not headphones ;P

Still waiting for my Wraith headset in the mail, though. Those are supposed to sound great, even though its a headset.

So after realizing how much of an idiot I was, I returned my NTunes, and bought Sony MDR-XB-600s instead.

They look pretty slick, huh? Somehow Sony has pulled off the impossible and made this color scheme blast from the past fashionable. The brown+black+gold color scheme was tremendously popular in the late 70s and through the 80s. Now it seems to be making a comeback. The 40mm drivers and extremely good sound transfer and isolation make these headphones an excellent beginners foray into the high-end audio world. These headphones are excellent at blocking out low to mid levels of ambient noise and will reduce nearby conversations to a whisper and mute them entirely when the audio is playing. The directvibe design creates a tight seal with the ear pad design which allows excellent sound transfer to the ear. The tight seal also provides for very realistic bass without compromising the mid and high range by allowing less sound loss and direct transfer of low-frequency pressure waves for bass you can feel.