Which brand GPU should I get?

Then the Gigabyte cards might be an option for you.
If you realy want a backplate persee.

Im not sure about the brand you're getting but powercolor's warranty doesnt say anything about overclocking, so I dont think it would void the warranty, especially seeing as you dont even need a crazy OC (just bump it up to 390X speed, 50Mhz on core, memory clocks are the same).

The 390 has around 200 less shaders.

I had a xfx 7970 a while back. It was a reliable card but my goodness when you started gaming it sounded like a jet engine was taking off. And don't talk about overclocking thing glowed red hot almost when you did that. So maybe they have changed since then. But I think gigabyte would be better

My HIS 7970 is super quite and handles everything Ive thrown at it on ultra settings no problem. I'm just getting ready for 4k gaming while I have the ability to do so because I may not in the future.

I think HIS has larger fans and better heat pipes. Might I ask you what size of screen your going with at 4k? Sometimes 1440p at 27inches looks better cause you still can't see the pixels and the icons and Internet browsing isnt to small as a 4k screen at the same size. I personally think 4k is only worth it at larger screen sizes.

getting the 39.5" A399U 4k and Ive been playing on my Samsung 55" 240Hz refresh TV. I'm building a battle station.

That sounds good. I think it's a waste going 4k when your only going to play on a 27inch

Yeah I was going to go for a multi monitor setup but the whole bezel being in the way really pisses me off so I decided on just getting a large one. Plus this 4k monitor is cheaper than getting a 1080p monitor in that size kind of stupid when you think about it.