Which B450/B550 motherboard for VFIO?

I’m gonna buy Ryzen 5800X (I have i5-4670 ATM). The GPUs I currently have are GTX970 and GT210 (I hope it’s enough for basic monitor output while passing through the 970). And I don’t think I’m buying better GPU any time soon considering the prices.
Can someone recommend me motherboard that will work with VFIO i.e. ideally without problematic IOMMU groups or at least that works well with ACS patch? (I prefer ATX, I don’t really like miniATX)

I’ve been watching some of Wendell’s videos in the past about AMD motherboards and I saw that some of them have everything in one IOMMU group. And also I’ve been reading posts of people having issues even with ACS.

B450 and B550 and any ASMedia OEM AMD Chipset are the ones where everything is the same IOMMU Group. It’s pretty much X570 or bust.

1 Like

Get a Budget X570 a higher-end B550 mobo is around the same price as a budget to mid-tier x570 but a good budget x570 option is the aorus elite

Thanks I got Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite a few weeks ago and everything works nicely.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.