Where to buy bios chips in USA

Trying to find a bios chip for a crap tastic laptop the chip is a mx25l6473E and I just want fast shipping not 2 weeks or a month I’ll even buy one from someone that would be cool.

Edit:Fixed chip name

I have so many questions right now but I’m gonna limit myself to essential ones:

1. Do you have any means of flashing this chip once you receive it? All datasheets I have located say this is a SOP package hence programmers for the chip are not exactly wide spread.
  2. Do you know the chip is blank from the factory. Even if you replace it perfectly on your laptop, you will not accomplish anything, you need to program it first with any version of the compatible BIOS (wait, this is an 8 meg chip, UEFI?) to then use laptop manufacturer tools to flash it to something other. And for that you need a stand-alone programmer.
  3. There is a shortage right now. And supply chain issues with any silicon based product so If you want it fast you’ll pay a premium no matter where you source it locally. Did you know there is a shortage, I can’t find this chip ANYWHERE in stock in EU (Yay, it’s wartime again… didn’t last long this time either…)

Can you elaborate your issues a bit further, put in the laptop make/model, maybe someone can give you hints on how to recover whatever got fucked up if possible, says on the chip datasheet it has 512 bytes secured OTP area, maybe it is possible to recover that particular laptop with some non-documented trick?

1 Like

https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Macronix/MX25L6473E.pdf
Data sheet - 8 pin SOP
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-13-7359-laptop/drivers
Dell Laptop

My problem wasn’t programing but I broke a leg off the chip while putting it back on the mobo. Bios got password locked after a windows update…

My ch341a programmer with ubuntu was perfect

I swallowed the poison and bought some from aliexpress.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.