What's your desktop wallpaper / lock screen?

I am interested to see here what people like to use. What defines them. I know Logan has some really cool Wallpapers, and he had mentioned in a video where he gets them, but I don't remember where.

I usually just go to google images or deviant art.

Last night I picked this up as my lock screen. It's hilarious because I wonder what people are thinking when they see this.

and my desktop wallpaper is very taipei version of Tek Syndicate shirt-like.

If you like it, please use it also :) Love the colors... they make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Then the lock screen is for those who are trying to fuck with my system... you get the boom stick.

So yeah, I'm interested. Please post your wallpapers.

I have a script for my lockscreen that fetches a 10 - 20 minutes old picture from the Himawari 8 Sattelite. This then looks somewhat like this:

1 Like

Wow that's really neat. Only problem I see with that is if you're tethering to your phone. The resolution on that photo is off the charts 4400 x 4400. Do you have a tutorial as to how you automatically download the image and set it as your wallpaper silently?

you can fetch smaller version and i never use this where bandwidth is an issue.

I started from this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/445gil/i_wrote_a_python_script_that_puts_a_nearrealtime/

but modified everything such that it fits to my needs. I can upload my version later if there is interest. :)
edit: I will upload my script tomorrow. :)

I have just a black background. It is so much easier to look at things and finds things with that.

would be cool if you could upload your version here.

PSA: We already got a wallpaper thread over here. Wise to use the search function before posting.