What's wrong with my monitor?

My 6 year old Dell U3818DW stopped working all of a sudden. I’m able to connect my laptop and the audio still works fine, but it can’t display anything correctly (see the photos below). It’s not the HDMI cable because this happens without any input – I can’t read the input selection menu at all.

In these photos, the monitor is mirroring my laptop below. It looks like each column of pixels is a single color, and that color is determined by averaging all of the colors in that column? Or maybe whatever color in that column is most dominant? It’s so weird.

What happened to it? Can I fix it?

1 Like

Try and jack up brightness all the way and leave it on to warm up. My Samsung used to do this and I got another year out of it before it completely gave out.

Interestingly it was also a curved panel.

This is the point at which percussive maintenance might help pinpoint the problem.
Personally, getting inside and poking and light banging on components would be my course to see if anything would even slightly change whats output to the panel.

*std dont shock yourself disclaimer
**only you can decide when its worth finding out vs complete brick job and replacement