Whats the most stable drivers for 5700xt?

I really want to help amd and support a competitive GPU market, but my experience so far with the 5700xt has just been so poor. I have to disable hardware acceleration in all software, some games just crash shortly after launching, the PC crashes at login I think if i shutdown with two many tabs open in Firefox. And sometimes it just randomly stops recognizing one of my two displays.

Windows or Linux?

i second this, i’m running linux and the mesa drivers built into linux kernel 5.3 and newer and i’ve had 0 issues with my 5700 xt 50th ae card. when i was trying to run amdgpu drivers i had a lot of issues

1 Like

I’m running it on Windows with whatever drivers the OS installed automatically and no issues.

RMA it? Chances are you got a faulty card.

1 Like

Windows

how could i tell if the card was faulty? works fine in most games. Can play red dead redemption 2 on max at 4k no problem.

first you would need to stress test the card with a program like furmark. if the card is unstable your pc should show artifacts or crash with that program running. also get something like hwmonitor to log your temps while you game and compare them to what is approved by amd. if its outside the ratings chances are the card is faulty.

also it goes without saying if you have applied any overclocks remove them.