What's the difference between the Level1 2x2 DP KVM and some cheaper options in Amazon?

I’ve been looking for a 2x2 DP 1.4 KVM recently. There are a few options in Amazon, and then I also came across the KVM built by Level1.

• I’m referring to the 2x2 DP 1.4 KVM from Level1 which costs $449 (the 5G USB option)
  • A similar product in Amazon from a brand called CKLau (or CKL?) costs only $99 recently (sorry the forum doesn’t allow links)

There is a quite significant price difference so I was wondering what goes into justify that? It looks like both support DP 1.4, as well as USB HID and USB3. The Amazon one even includes DP 1.4 cables and a remote (in case hotkey doesn’t work on some keyboard)…

Can someone shed some light here? Really appreciate it!

It actually works…

If you search around this forum you will find many sob stories of people that buy KVM’s off of Amazon that are garbage and don’t actually function fully or properly then they come here and spend more money for a LvL1 KVM so that they have a properly functioning setup.

2 Likes

Hear here!

1 Like

Yeah, the fact that @wendell goes out of his way to basically white-glove KVM tech support issues blows my mind.

2 Likes

still in a mode to where I gather experience to direct the troops w/the kvm. Nothing is lost in translation doing that directrly. I am the computer

that experience goes into the next generation. I am happy with the progress we’ve made, collectively, lot of people execute on my notes here, its more than just me, on things, overall. So buying a higher price also reinvests a bit into that because it really is expensive to do a niche product that is also expensive (and that, as a result of what I’d guess are tofu dregs type things happening in the supply chain where we basically have to hand pick usb. 10gbps usb chipset vendors literally assume most people wont actually use 10gbps. have you met our customers? jeez). So its important to me to gather experience without a translation layer or aggregator.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.