What To Look For In A Windows Hello Webcam? Need Advice (UPDATED- Check Comments)

1 of the last posts I remember posting here was pc-related, was about month ago with some questions I had regarding my setup. This time, the topic is slightly different. As the title says, I’ve been trying to scout out some webcams to choose from. Specifically, ones that are Windows Hello certified/compatible. [Honestly speaking from my own personal background, I haven’t yet experienced Windows Hello & kind of want to as I’ve heard it’s pretty cool!]

However, considering that I’ve never experienced it, I don’t know precisely what to look for when scouring the internet online other than a term something like: “Windows Hello webcam” in the title or something like that. I have heard though, that an infra-red sensor is required for part of the process or as 1 of the technical specs you need…? ! :thinking: [If I am wrong/mistaken, just feel free to correct me as I don’t know that much yet on the topic.] As for what I’m after, my demands aren’t too high or outlandish- I just want something that is Windows Hello compatible/certified, it doesn’t need to be real fancy for web-conferences or anything like that, 1080p resolution with auto-focus would be nice & finally, I don’t want to pay an arm & a leg for the absolute “best of the best” if you know what I mean. Also, really good image quality, & a built-in mic that performs very well would also be nice-to-haves.

So, with that out of the way, I would like to hear your input on what exactly I should be looking for in a webcam that supports Windows Hello & if any of you have any recommendations or suggestions, please shoot them my way as I can be flexible & I am open to other options depending. :slight_smile: Thanks in advance & hope to hear back from anyone who is knowledgeable with some experience under their belt(s)!

My Logitech Brio has worked well. It’s a bit of an expensive webcam. The main issue is that I don’t think there’s that big of a demand for Windows Hello webcams, so if it has it, it’s going to be a “premium” webcam.

I used to use a Razer webcam at my old job, but I don’t think they make those anymore.

Yeah, I’ve heard that the Logitech Brio is a GREAT webcam. But for me, paying $150 is a little steep even if it IS kind of high-quality. :confused:

But what about some of these other webcams on Amazon that have “Windows Hello” right in the title? :thinking: I mean, if they say they’re Windows Hello compatible/capable/supported, then surely they should just straight up work with no issues, right? Of course, bear in mind as well that I don’t know what sort of specs/requirements to look for in a webcam that can support Windows Hello like I eluded to earlier.

In case you’re interested, this is a link to some of the results I’ve seen on Amazon so far: Amazon.com : Windows Hello

If you just want it for the Windows Hello feature, the Kinects for both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One have a Windows compatible driver. You just need to spend for a unit and the required adapter. I got away for less than $35. Just a thought.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.