What to do with old Quadro

I got a old used Quadro FX 1800 and was wondering if I could use it for something. Is it possible to run it alongside an AMD card? I have some old PCs that I can put it in too if not. Basically I'd like to use it for something useful/interesting and not have it gather dust on some shelf.

It's a bit beyond usefulness. Based on a uarch from nearly 10 years ago now, it could still be used for testing in PCs without integrated graphics.

You could run it alongside an AMD card, but at this point the AMD card will outmatch it in whatever task you have in mind for it. The only thing I can think of that would benefit from the Quadro is an older copy of Autodesk that maybe NEEDS hardware based CUDA acceleration in order to operate.

I mean, you can light game on it and maybe do some base level CAD stuff (depending on the driver you use) but otherwise not much. I have a few of these lying around as well

Hmm. That's a tough one. Even lower mid-range GPUs of today will easily be 10 times more powerful. This might just be a collector item. I did, however, see a few for sale online for around $40 if you didn't want to hang on to it.

use it as a coaster.

3 Likes

1 Like