What tea have you accidentally made?

I just tossed some cinnamon and molasses into hot brewing tea. Tasted like rum. In fact I think they were the main ingredients for rum minus the tea. But you can always have tea in rum.

3 Likes

What I’m gathering from this thread title is I need to branch out from my normal sweet tea… [black tea + a lot of sugar]

Rum is made by distilling molasses or sugar cane juice, and spiced rum is often made with cinnamon, so it would make sense for tea made with the two to have rum characteristics.

Locally during the winter we actually put some rum in our tea. The hot tea and the alcohol of the rum helps warm up the body…

I mix Mint tea with Black tea. Not a fan of Black tea … Brisk person.

An ashtray fell over boiling water few years ago (no one was hurt). Umm… tobacco tea, anyone?

Also: Just now some ants crept up my cup as I was preparing Earl Grey and brown sugar, does that count?

Not exeactly accidental, but more experimental.
i make tetley british blend

and a ricola dual medicated either cherry or lemon your preference (break it open before placing in the cup)
https://www.ricola.com/en-us/products/dual-action

sweeten to desired taste.

makes for a potent throat elixir and feel better tea. best if drank piping hot while the menthol is in the steam. albeit this may be a bit strong for some.

Saw the negative review about the tea being in plastic bags. Then laughed cause corona virus is a thing.