What songs are important to you?

If that's your final decision, then it shall be done.

As it's being moved, keep the derailing out for the rest of you.

1 Like

I really like that second song you posted it's one of those songs that you just sit back and breathe.

@Novasty @Big_Al_Tech I hadn't realized a category other than metal had finally been made and posted it in metal out of habit.

Youth Lagoon can be pretty darn melancholy.

Other than that I can't stand anything from the lion king, it reminds me of people I miss from an old school.

1 Like

Yeah they really only have a few heavy song like "the answer is not in the tv", "greed" is another..Um, "Same as you are", "pictures" are good lost love songs "weight of my pride" might be one as well..These are just off the top of my head..
Oh and I have always liked this KISS cover..

When I was a black out drunk..I could be completely passed out and my friends would play this and I would automatically get up and have another shot..My friends thought it was crazy and funny..But I have renowned that song(since i no longer drink) for when it is hard and life becomes a war..

Motley crue has the same affect on me I'll get fucking hammered if you play that or some other good hair metal.

Use to roll around church parking lots on Sunday's blasting this..This is what they get for all their bells waking me up..lol

1 Like

You've done a great service

First song to get me into metal (wee lad of about 9 years of age)

Intro to extreme/black/gothic metal (13 years old)

Song that got me out of my emo/metalcore phase (also about the time I noticed my sensitivity to repetition and lack of lyrical depth in music - 16 years old)

Intro to Folk-Metal (17)

Intro to favorite band (21 years old)

First song to make me cry in a public place (23 years old)

1 Like

There are songs that just shift me into a good mood, no matter what:

and then songs that engraved themselves in stages of my life:

It's impossible not to like that song by Cage the Elephant I think everyone does lol

[EDIT]

I also like this one:

First off, I'll say that I am not a lyric person. In most cases, I can care less what the lyrics are if the music appeals to me. I listen to such a broad collection of genres that it is hard to make any sort of list, but here's some songs/tracks that really resonate with me for whatever reason:

Blind Faith, from Dream Theater's epic concept album Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. In my opinion, that album was a real masterwork both lyrically and musically. Blind Faith in particular shows all sides of DT's sound - both slow, melodic, and fragile as well as heavy, epic, and adrenaline-fueled. And, of course, the famous Blind Faith unison :D

Dream of the Shore Near Another World from the Chrono Cross soundtrack. For me, Chrono Cross had one of the most beautifully crafted soundtracks of any game. Every time I listen to this, it brings me back to the younger days of quality console rpgs and the fun times had.

Sultans of Swing by the Dire Straits. This might seem like an interesting choice, but I find this song to be the "perfect" guitar song. By that I mean that every note Knopfler plays is perfectly agreeable to me - there's nothing lacking and nothing extra. The riffs are insanely smooth and the solos are completely balanced and a real lesson in guitar expression. For me, its just sheer, controlled tonal perfection (if that makes sense) :D

Subdivisions by Rush. One of my all-time favorite bands. I love so much of their content, but I feel that all semi-weird metalhead/nerds can identify with the themes discussed in the lyrics.

Lenny by Stevie Ray Vaughan. When it comes to SRV's instrumentals, most people immediatly know Little Wing, originally made famous by Hendrix, but I always found Lenny much more appealing. There's such a gentle vibe with this song and, once again, a perfect example of tonal control and expression.

Echo by Joe Satriani. Satriani needed to make my list. Discovering his music changed pretty much everything for me back when I was transitioning into high school. I remember being on a family trip to San Francisco and luckily finding his Time Machine album at Tower Records. This specific live version is my favorite as he has changed how he plays it a bit over the years. This is likely my favorite electric guitar song ever. It has everything, from gentle, controlled sections, to insane shredding and everything in between.

The Way it Has to Be by Shawn Lane (RIP). Discovering Satriani opened a bunch of new doors musically to me and, luckily, I stumbled across Shawn Lane on one of my music adventures. The dude was just amazing . . .

. . . there's too many things to list, so I'll stop before this gets too out of hand :)

I would find it easier to list entire bands rather than just songs, but a few did come to mind.
Fallout by Alter Bridge. Basically, a song about me.

Something In The Way by Nirvana. The song I always enjoyed during my full-on breakdown moments while fighting with depression. Still a great tune to listen to during my late night, meaning of life type conversations I sometimes have with myself.

Starlight by Slash featuring Myles Kennedy. I don't know why, but that chorus always puts the biggest and dumbest looking smile on my face. A song I save for really great moments in life.

And finally...
Blackbird by Alter Bridge. Simply one of the greatest song ever written IMO.

For me, it would have to be "Eon" by Celldweller". Though this song is more electronic rock, it was for me the gateway song to electronic music.