What Motherboard

Im building a new rig i want a red themed build, what motherboard?

ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Motherboard

or

ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard

ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Motherboard!! It is red, looks alot better and doesn't have that annoying little fan that the asus one have.

is peformance better

there is no performance differnece between mobo's. There is just difference in compatibility to parts etc. And the bios can be a little different. The asrock one includes dr d bug wich is very good if something doesn't work then you just can look up what number it showing and match that with the manual. You can also have better memory (ram) in the asrock. 

which one oc better i want to get 4.7ghz on my 3770k

They're both good either way depending on what you want to spend and the quality parts you are looking for... and yes, the asrock board looks great bc its RED AND BLACK, but the color alone does not determine the better board. You dont have to use the fans on the stooth (since the fans are so quietly annoying)... they really dont make that much of a difference in cooling and you cant hear them anyways. You do have the choice of not installing themat all. Warranties... bc worse-case scenarios DO happen... 3yr (ASRock) vs. 5yr (ASUS) warranty... Yes, the ASRock is quite a bit cheaper, but the ASUS has high quality mosfets, chokes, capacitors, etc... all military standard... but its all in YOUR preference. We can only give insight on pros and cons... and yes, mobos can have a difference in performance (over a period of time) based on the quality of parts they are built with. Not being biased in any way... Just looking out for your best interest and your investment.

I dont reccommend 4.7 on a ivy bridge cpu unless you are using a voltage between 1.35-1.40,  they cant handle the heat after a period of time from a higher voltage bc of the 22nm process... I have 3 3770k's and they all run stable at 4.6 on 1.35 core clock and that OC will be more than enough.

Another thing to add is Asrock boards are shipped with nearly nothing to add to the mobo. Just did a build with a different asrock board and it came with 2 Sata 3 Cables... and nothing else. If I didnt have more on hand my friend would have been a very unhappy customer. Just something to think about. Asus boards come with everything from SLI/Xfire bridges to 6 Sata cables etc...

i always say... quality always matters... especially on the big 5... cpus, gpus, mobos, ssd/hdds, and after market coolers

ty i think im going to go with the sabertooth z77 i prefer it and im going to go with i7 3770k at 4.6ghz

my build - 

ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard - $250.00

Corsair Vengeance Red CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9R 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 - $125.00

OCZ Fatal1ty Series 1000W Modular - $239.00

Corsair Vengeance C70 Mid Tower Gaming Case Gunmetal Black - $162.00

Intel Core i7 3770K - $335.00

ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP Edition - $619.00

Corsair Hydro Series H100 CPU Cooler - $145.00

Might have to get a cheaper graphics card

All parts from http://pccasegear.com/

Total - $1875.00 *not including postage

Doubt youll need 1000Watts with that setup, might be nice to save and get a different PSU

thanks

Ive decided to go with asus 7970 oc top because there cheaper and peformance is about the same 

i will need it i will be adding another 7970 and sound cards , ssd and i dont want to have to spend more money on buying a new psu and i love the red led on it

big 6- you forgot PSUs :)

what does that mean?

That's not true. Some motherboards are able to get you much higher overclock than others.