What is your favorite music?

Hey, so I have a question for y’all: What is your favorite genre, artist, and album?

For me

Genre: Metal/Nu-Metal/Alt-metal (Alternative Metal)

Artist: Staind

Album: Tormented/Dysfunction/Break The Cycle

Mostly Rock/Metal
Artist: Shinedown
Album: Us and Them

Though I do listen to a spattering of other genre’s. I have been really digging on the group Home Free lately, an absolutely fantastic acapella group that covers songs from all over the genre’s.

1 Like

Mainly Rap/British Rap
Artist: Dave
Album: Psychodrama

Although i love 1700s/1800s Classical too.

British Rap? That’s like saying Ugandan Death Metal :slight_smile:

Yes that is a joke, just from the fact that @F1N made the distinction of it being “British” as opposed to it just being Rap.

If I can bang my head, then I’m good.

Oh, and some Frank.
Love me some Frank and the Mothers.

1 Like

No @F1N is correct in his classification. It’s like declaring your league or style. There are many rap and hip hop spheres.

If you live in north - central - south America, Africa, South east Asia, Australia, the south pacific polynesian islands, Japan, Europe, UAE, the middle east, the antarctic & arctic or Tuktoyaktuk , and any other planet around the sun - Eminem is the Goat.

But if you live in Russia its - Oxxxymiron

I like EMINEM, Boom Bap, Horrorcore, Rappity Rappin Lyrical Pen Pushers that come with the Wit-ness, and beats that come from the crates.

dimebag

Greatest Axeman to ever live. i still have the VHS Tour Videos in a box somewhere. Went to CFH, Vulgar, and FBD concerts. I fell off by the great southern trendkill

I’ve gotten really in to alt country and punk country / folk punk recently. Stuff like the builders and the butchers, the dead south, amigo the devil, the bridge city sinners, etc.

However my favourite artist and album is still the mountain goats and tallahassee.

I can enjoy every bit of music someone put effort into, except for trap and modern rap.

Some days, I start out with Contemporary Jazz, then transition to Psytrance and end the day with Industrial Techno.
Or start the day with Euphoric Hardstyle and end with Polyphonies.

I can’t relly pin point a genre, but I’d say that metal on the whole (with very few exceptions) is what I go back to over and over again.
Right now I’m really enjoying the wave of new bands like Erra, Afterglow, Andromida and alike. Spotify did a great job recommending them to me. I think there’s a lot of good new metal being produced (but I really wish that a good producer make them realize that avoiding a mix with a wall of sound that’s killing all the dynamics would be a lot better, even if a bit quieter).

The lyrics are also so good, I really love how there are so many different themes thrown in and how the singing just makes their meaning come to life in a very powerful way.

Also going through some big of the prog metal like Liquid Tension Experiment and Buckethead. Didn’t really paid them the respect they deserve (even thou I’m a fan of Dream Theater) but now I am and I really enjoy their music.

What I was getting at is that a distinction has to be made about a style of music that is so basic it shouldn’t need explanation. As in Metal/Rock, the amount of sub-genres and sub-sub-genres is just stupidly too many. Once you hit the Core genre, it really all does sound the same :slight_smile:

The Dead South are amazing

1 Like

Who in the hell comes up with these sub-genre names? LMAO

I have the distinct feeling giving them names like computer monitors would not help anyone.

1 Like

Genre: J-Pop (when on transit/relaxing), K-Pop (when working)

The style of music to which I listen differs between the two genres.

J-Pop Artist: Kalafina
Album: Seventh Heaven

K-Pop Artist: CL
Album: Alpha

Avatar matches the answer :slight_smile: Seems legit…

1 Like

pink floyd.

the prodigy

the who.

rolling stones (early stuff)

and of course.

skynrd

2 Likes

I like so many different genres that it would be hard to say which is my favorite. Same for bands. Guess I like progressive & symphonic metal, synthwave, lo-fi/chillhop, triphop, some punk, deep house…it’s just too much to try and boil down to a neat list.

Genre: Country and BlueGrass

Artist: God thats hard to choose ill provide 3 below

Country Goto is Blake Shelton, BlueGrass Goto is Dead Tongues, Absolute man crushin for: Miley Cyrus (in her backyard sessions like Jolene)

Album: Dont really have any

Im not too particular with music. I dont play favorites but I have a top 20 of sorts

because of that I also have to honorable mention an artist from my childhood that have nothing to do with my favorite genre:

Alicia Keys because god her voice is beautiful and secondly… man she was cute as hell with dreads and/or cornrows

1 Like