What is wrong with Reddit gaming subs? It's trolls making the site unusable

I’m playing Elden Ring and I’m curious about a mathematical relationship involving the five damage formulas. I want to build a pivot table in excel to min / max my health.

I’m directly trying to limit it down to figuring out where the two numbers go to choose the proper formula for damage taken. Everyone responding is answering other questions and telling me I’m the troll for not doing as told.

Reddit does this for all gaming subs basically. It takes it to the point where all subreddits for theorycrafting are just worthless for all games. This includes most Discords.

It’s just trolls intentionally not answering extremely specific questions who most likely know all of the information. They then link to some theorycrafting video with a few followers and tell you you’re mistaken.

How it works is your flat damage modifier gets applied first, and that knocks you into one of the five damage formulas, which applies your percentage damage modifier. But, no one tells you how to do the calculations properly. My excel spreadsheet would be accurate then and I can get my max health while maximizing damage.

When Reddit started implementing posting restrictions based on karma, and even banning the_donald everyone responding became these terrible trolls that police group norms. I’m seeing bad information created through Google’s AI based on posts trolls were shit posting to me on. I always have an explicit question and no one answers it.

Find a discord or discourse or alike to research your game-specific questions. Stay off of reddit.

/TL;DR

Reddit lost their way many years ago due to corporate/advertising greed, censorship for that greed, sub moderator “issues”, admins reading PMs and doing whatever they want, and blanket Ai training on all your old content - rather you like it or not.

Sorry if I am hurting other redditors. As a 20 year member since almost the beginning (back in the MySpace/ICQ days), mod to dozens of subredrits, and with over 20k rep (previous account was 150k rep), it’s nothing like it used to be back in the day.

Discord and self-hosted private versions like that seems to be the better places these days for specific content. Age verification isn’t an issue for me as I don’t care about adult content (and don’t allow it) for my servers I admin and moderate, when supporting community members just wanting to know how to best take out a tank in MW:Mercs.

Content discussing the orange thing should only happen on highly secured platforms without prying eyes and backdoor data mining (e.g. don’t use Discord or any other hosted service to discuss what the prying eyes consider wrong-think).

2 Likes