What is the most fascinating thing you've ever seen on YouTube?

I’ll start:

Lol, awesome :slight_smile: Happy New Year!

1 Like

Happy new year buddy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

most enjoyable thing for me since I love woodworking and music, creating this contraption is quite a task and I love everything about it. Can’t think of anything else I love more than this.

3 Likes

Right on! Yea my post’s subject matter isn’t something I’m particularly “passionate” about (I’m a hobbyist of history but not necessarily biblical mytho-histery). I just stumbled on it last year and couldn’t believe my ears… how the structurally unique and otherwise pointless ancient Ziggurats and vast platforms really exist, and who’s existence’s are basically impossible to explain… How the 6000 year old tablets describe both math and sciences that were not known to modern civilization until thousands of years later, until the times of Galeleo and Copernicus, both of which I studied in college. These things were all written on these Sumarian Tablets found in the enormous Library of Ninevah (Ashurbanipal) which was destroyed in 2014, along with the majority of the tablets themselves.

1 Like

IDK defcon?

Watched a guy chisel out a mini David once to the best of his ability.

That was pretty cool

Doesn’t look that impressive today anymore but the giant multitouch demo by Perceptive Pixel actually predates the iPhone. That shit just blew my mind!

Soon after Microsoft acquired that company and stuffed parts of it’s tech into that stupid surface table. I bet there is still a lot of it in the surface studio today.

The original video has been removed but some versions without music are still floating around YT. Like this one:

Deadmau5 got one of the devices and used it for creating his Cube stuff.

And this is what microsoft did with it…

Someone did a series of short episodes that was better then the junk coming out of hollywood. Watched the whole series, 16 episodes, with my daughter when she was little. I think they spent 600 bucks on the project and got millions of views. 12 years ago I think

Also from 11 years ago. A young woman in PA decided to do her own news reporting on just how corrupt the PA turnpike commission is. I learned more about my adopted home state from these 6 videos then the local news outlets. This was at the beginning of the citizen journalist movement.

I saw a interpretive dance number on YouTube where the dancers rolled down the audience nude and clothed. The dance piece is called “society” the laughter and disgust of the audience was the goal of the piece

Ive seen a youtuber eat all sorts of MREs from all sorts of places and all sorts of time period. He is insane and even tasted one MRE from World War I. Truly fascinating and I dont know why.

2 Likes

Is there someone eating MRE’s in a tiny container home? while listening to odd music?

1 Like

Sounds funny as long as that’s actually safe, lol :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing

1 Like

I like when he almost broke a tooth on hardtack from the civil war.
Food archaeology is kinda neat

1 Like

Some of my favorites:

1 Like

Absolutely not safe. He only took a tiny bit just to say he was able to eat it.

1 Like

Fredrik Knudsen and Internet Historian are great, they’re my typical go toos whenever I’m cooking or cleaning the house.

1 Like

Here are a couple

1 Like

There is also this survival guy which does tools and stuff to ultimately make a house starting from… Mud and plant materials - basically like Terraria but real. Unfortunately i cant seem to find the OG guy but its popular enough to have a following and copycats