What is the best self hosted calendar app that isnt nextcloud that you all have experience with?

Very similar to my last post. Title says it all. It is too bad that nexcloud in my experience is so bad at everything it tries to do in my use case.

Wouldnt it make more sense to host a caldav server or something like that, and then use the best apps for each platform to get your centrally served calendar info? Though admittedly i have no idea how caldav works outside of android handsets (like would it even integrate with system calendars in win11 or gnome, kde, etc?)

1 Like

Ive never even hear dof Caldav but ill look into it! Im learning a lot these days !

1 Like

I think there’s an apple variant if you have those devices as well… ical? There might be self hosted versions of that, it’s been a while. Usually people self host radicale for a caldav server and then use android apps (DAVx^5) to bring the caldav stuff on the go, there are ios apps as well I believe. Probably integrates with outlook or thunderbird as well but don’t quote me

WEll i use windows apple and linux devices so the goal is to have something that can work with all of my devices.

I’ve used DAViCal in the past and liked its flexibility. Needed something where sharing calendars between users was somewhat straight forward. It is pretty old software not really getting updates, so I might not deploy it again. And there are no maintainer docker images, so choose wisely.

For the browser I used agendav.

If I had to setup something like this again I would probably give Radicale a try