What is RAID and SLI and all that kind of stuff

Could someone please give me a super in depth about RAID and SLI. I'm new to building computers and I don't understand what RAID or SLI is. Thanks in advance.

SLI is linking multiple Nvidia gpus together,AMD equivalent is Crossfire.It increases performance but it causes micro stutter and games/drivers are not always optimized for it.

RAID means Redundant Array of Independent Disks.It is a system that links storage drives together.It has many configurations with varying levels of speed and redundancy.

SLI-Scalable link interface. Well, SLI and Crossfire is like scaling same types of gpu's and optmizing gaming performance. It comes in dual, tri, and quad sli. SLI is from Nvidia and Crossfire from AMD. It seems like two graphic cards shold give double the performance, but that's not the case all the times however - but this wasn't in depth explanation.

In depth (http://www.techterms.com/definition/sli

Stands for "Scalable Link Interface." SLI is a technology developed by NVIDIA that allows multiplegraphics cards to work together in a single computer system. This enables faster graphics performance than what is possible with a single card. For example, using SLI to link two cards together may offer up to twice the performance of a single video card. If each card has twoGPUs, the result may be up to four times the performance of a typical video card!

For video cards to be linked using NVIDIA's SLI system, the computer must have multiple PCI Express slots. PCI Express is the first video card interface that allows the linking of multiple graphics cards because the slots share the same bus. Previous technologies, such as PCI and AGP, used separate buses, which did not allow graphics cards to be bridged together. The PCI Express slots must also support enough bandwidth for the cards, which typically means they must be x8 or x16 slots. Of course, the cards themselves must also support SLI bridging in order to work together.

Well their are different raids, like raid 0, 5, and 10 etc. and it's pretty hard to explain for me. But this is from wikipedia for raid 0. 

RAID 0 (also known as a stripe set or striped volume) splits data evenly across two or more disks (striped) without parityinformation for speed. RAID 0 was not one of the original RAID levels and provides no data redundancy. RAID 0 is normally used to increase performance, although it can also be used as a way to create a large logical disk out of two or more physical ones.

A RAID 0 can be created with disks of differing sizes, but the storage space added to the array by each disk is limited to the size of the smallest disk. For example, if a 100 GB disk is striped together with a 350 GB disk, the size of the array will be 200 GB (100 GB × 2).

hope that helped

How would I crossfire an AMD A10-5800K APU and a Radeon 7770?

It did. Thanks :D

you don't

you can only cross fire same series cards that means you can crossfire 7770/7750, 7850/7870, 7870xt/7950/7970

if you want to crossfire an apu the card would be a 6670, a 7750 is possible with a 6800k but i wouldn't reccomend it

also both cards will scale down to the weakest card in the link, so even if you crossfired a 7750 and a 7770, it would perform exactly the same as a 7750/7750 combo

Ok. Thanks for the help :D 

welcome