What Have You Done To Improve Your Life This Week #3

What have you done to improve you life over last week and this week coming?

This thread is around the things you doing and have done small or large to make your life its self better.

I figured this makes a good weekly post :smiley:

3 Likes

Ongoing effort for several weeks: since my Ex-GF moved out I got a shitton new furniture (that I canā€™t yet assemble, which I only noticed after I bought it).

Now Iā€™m starting to paint my walls first because they are disgusting after living here for 8 years+ :rofl:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve paid off my credit card this week so
I can focus on saving. Also got a new job which should change things for the better I hope.

6 Likes

Credit cards dont even carry over into the next month for most banks hereā€¦ theyā€™re mostly payed off monthly (or are pre-paid). Thereā€™s some few banks that carry it over to the next month, but max Iā€™ve seen is like 3 months or soā€¦ kinda glad I didnā€™t get a CC in the first place.

2 Likes

I will go to work tomorrow. Dat weekend pay :euro: :drooling_face:
Hopefully I wonā€™t blow the extra cash I will get and instead use it for my car payment.

Also trying to make effort at keeping my sleep schedule (is this the right word?) consistent and go to bed earlier so that I could get to work at 8 instead of 9ish. Been really struggling at arriving to work at 8 for the past year.

3 Likes

I have a credit card with x number of months at 0% interest. In this instance I paid it off a few months early just so I didnā€™t have to factor it in anymore into my budget. (I have house moving, so I wanted more monthly cashflow)

1 Like

I started a diet 7 days ago and so far I have lost 12lb. I have always had problems with my weight but in recent years it has gotten out of hand. At my heaviest around May 2018, I weighed in at 23st 4lb (326lb) by February 2019 I had gotten down to 19St 6lb (272lb). I lost heart because the weight loss stalled. That with the stress of maintaining the diet I fell off the wagon so to speak. From the Spring of last year to now I had ballooned back up to 21st 10lb (304lb)

I have started the diet again after a week I have lost the best part of a stone and Iā€™m now at 20st 12lb (292lb). The first few weeks week of any diet is when you lose the most.
The hard part comes several months later when you are lucky to lose a couple of pounds a week. Then it becomes very hard going what with people asking how the diet is going? are you keeping to the diet? plus by then you are missing favourite foods not to mention wanting a drink, oh did I mention that Iā€™m going completely dry for this. given how many calories there are in alcohol there is no budget for a drink! Plus alcohol messes with your apatite big time.

4 Likes

Good post.
Bought a new bed, hoping itā€™ll do better then my good old student bed :wink:

This is a great idea, small improvements, makes a big total.

1 Like

Hang in there, stay away from carbs, and get your meats and veggies.
boycutting carbs feels like crab, because theyā€™re litterally like crack for the human body, and your stomachs gonna be crab for some weeks, until you adjust.
And ofc, do some exercise.
I choose to walk to/from work rather then just taking the bus, thatā€™s ~1 hour of exercise right there a day, and i feels great, no muscle pains anymore.

1 Like

I put up some fresh insulation under the single wide mobile home I occupy. Hopefully it helps prevent my water lines from freezing and breaking this winter.

I also played about 3 hours of Spyro reignited on PC. I finished the first game now. Which I think reduced my stress levels.

1 Like

Went on a week Long vacation on an sunny island. Sadly today is the Last day of our vacation but it was trully needed since i worked for nearly 46 weeks with only the Weekend to relax

1 Like

Until tomorrow

Witnessed my dad, sisters, and grandma

1 Like

What does this mean?

I may forget to see them relatives for year ā€¦s, I honestly dont even know the time flies, dad had gotten shorter so probably had not seem them for tad too long time

Attained a badge to access a gym provided by my employer for free.

Itā€™s fully stocked with all the needed equipment, so I think I will cancel my Plant Fitness.

Theyā€™re great but you canā€™t beat free.

1 Like

Visited a beautiful pussy thatā€™s up for adoption and coming my way when she is old enough in about a month :smile:

3 Likes

Maybe he smeared frosting of cakes made by them for the family visit over his face and shouted ā€œMediocre!ā€? :wink:

New job

3 Likes

New project

2 Likes