What Have You Done This Week To Improve Your Life?

This week I set up an Acorns account to start auto-investing for my future self.

4 Likes

Committed to better communication with my wife. Compromises made. Setting achievable personal goals. Trying to see a more positive side of thingsā€¦ Baby steps

10 Likes

Woah, itā€™s been almost 2 years?

Still not had a ciggie.

I still desire one every time Iā€™m around someone who smokes, but havenā€™t slipped upā€¦

8 Likes

I bought (and started using) a journaling app. Day one. (Apple devices)

Why?

So I can remember what I did. Put notes in it during the day of things I did, conversations I had, etc.

So if I need to look something up or if someone asks if I did something, I can find it. And definitively confirm the date and time that I did it.

Day one is Apple only but can do automatic journaling of location, photos, etc. in addition to free form text entries. presumably similar exists for other platforms.

I used to use paper and then notes/OneNote for this but this arranges it conveniently by date and auto tracks some stuff for me too.

1 Like

Got married Tuesday. Hopefully that is an improvement to my life lol.

8 Likes

Nadda. 0. Cero. Ziltch. Zero. Still trying to shake off effects, to human malware chipping. Pretty sure firmware has some corruptionā€¦ Is their a BIOS Flashback option anywhere?

2 Likes
  • Took a vacation
  • Played 2 normal speed civ6 games to science victory
  • Simplified my home network by removing an extraneous wifi access point
  • Disconnected an IKEA ZigBee gateway, subsumed by home assistant
  • Replaced a bunch of sockets/extension cord adapter with some POE splitters
  • Watched some movies
  • Filed some feature request bugs to make home assistant kill SD cards less, and wrote some proof of concept opensource code
  • Spent a bunch of time outside in the park
  • Did some cooking and overdue cleaning
  • Registered to get vaccinated whenever theyā€™ll let me
  • 6 days passed / have 4 days left
7 Likes

Well, not this week, but recently, paid my car loan out (it had 2-3 years left on it, but figured Iā€™d smash it).

Feels good being debt free again (aside from the mortgage)

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™m working on posture and productivity (making less work hours mean more), while we try to transition the server to an Arch base.

Nice question.

3 Likes

I took a one-day vacation to take my wife on a date.
Always good to invest time in the relationship!

Also tech stuff (I want to transistion to IT from car industry)

• finished devops introduction course
  • started podman course and learned about cockpit
7 Likes

Started dieting and actually paying attention to how much I eat. Goal is 30lbs and 2in off my waist.

4 Likes

cut sugar and replace with non sugar sweeteners and youā€™ll be well on your way

3 Likes

Been eating low-carb for the last few days now and have dropped 5lbs. The heat wave has helped to reduce my appetite and encourage me to drink more water.

3 Likes

I dropped ~20 kilograms (107 down to 85) in 6 months. No change in exercise.

If you can be disciplined with low carb it definitely works. And real food actually starts tasting good.

Youā€™ll typically see a rapid initial drop and then maybe plateau for a little bit. Donā€™t be discouraged and stick with it. Look at the weekly trend and donā€™t be discouraged by ā€œbad daysā€.

6 Likes

I applied for a BA position at an IT firm. Got the invite for recruitment process today.
I see this as a small but significant step, foot in the door style.

Just wanted to share with you all.

2 Likes

Well the last month I took everyoneā€™s baggage hat theyā€™ve been piling onto me and chucking it back ta them as hard as I can.

Had a misfire or two, but hopefully Iā€™ve fixed that mistake.

2 Likes

Bought a 8ā€™ x 13ā€™ Rug. Started doing sit ups, i hurt now :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Incorporate Russian twists and get back to me.

Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been back in the gym 3 to 5 days a week for the last two months. Iā€™m crushing my old PRs this week, mostly due to a much more healthy diet.

Had to take one week off due to being sick, but Iā€™m still killing it.

Crushed my previous deadlift record of 225, and hit 315 for 5 on Tuesday. Squats are still lagging due to knees, 275 for 8, can probably hit 315, but ehhh I like walking.

4 Likes

My new apartment complex has a gym. Pretty excited as I havenā€™t had access to weights since I left the military.

3 Likes