What GPU are you using?

Radeon HD 7970 Ghz

1 Like

The 80mm fans were like $15 bucks. they came in a pack of 2. the CPU cooler came with those two fans for $50. and the Exhaust was $20 bucks lol

That's not a bad card

I don't recommend the Titan X

You would do good to pinch pennies and get a 650 or something

Why? Keep in mind that I need the card to have a good RAMDAC for use with a Proper monitor (2560x1920@60Hz) and my motherboard (Supermicro H8DGI) does not support SLI.

Well the Titan X is a better Idea than SLI. Since in most applications SLI is going to be a hard diminishing return. But It's a very expensive very powerful card that's a bit much for standard gaming. But also you can get the r9 295x2 which has equivalent horsepower for dramatically less cost (although more heat and power which is bad for tiny computers). But I doubt your computer is tiny.

Saving money for something cool from AMD that is similar to X99, or just x99. Most probably won't be upgrading the graphics card until Nvidia stops driver updates for this one. ;)

For a processor I just use a 750k. Gaming these days doesn't really need much processing power. I only recommend something beefy like intel if you are going do to 3d animation or something. If you wanna upgrade mobo and cpu I'd wait till Zen and FM3 comes out

Are you an AMD fanboy?! A 295X2 is just two 290Xs strapped together. A 295X2 would suffer from all the issues SLI would as it is just two 290Xs in crossfire on one PCB. I also cannot use a 295X2 at all because it does not have a RAMDAC.

Gtx670PE's in SLI.

I have the same card with watercooling, running 1150,1450 when i push it to the max :)
very good card :) atm its running 900/1200 max 41 degress at load :)

Cool, I know my priorities, a graphics card (specially for gaming is the in the end of the list). It'd take me like a year or so to save all the money so I am not worrying about what to buy now, I just know I'd buy something top of the line, you know; so I won't need to upgrade anytime soon again.

sapphire r9 270 with the worst possible max oc only 980 hz on the core and thats it :(

First off..no. And second while technically the R9 295x2 is made out of two R9 290x'. It's properties are better than that of two R9 290x in crossfire. It doesn't waste as much space, costs equally to less than two R9 290x. As well as a better TDP. Also both the R9 295x2 and the Titan X both have 400mhz RAMDACs. But the main point is a Titan X is far more than what's needed for 1080p 60 fps wide screen in games like GTA V pc. You would be fine with a 980ti, Titan Black, R9 290, or an r9 290x. And even then you would still have quite a bit under the hood.

I dig not wanting to upgrade...for obvious reasons. Just make sure when you do to steer clear of SLI/Crossfire. Normally you are better off with one card.

Is it a reference cooler?

Well damn if you're 41 degrees stable under load hypothetically you could still OC even more if you desired.

Reference Coolers weren't available to the public for cards below the R9-290/R9-290x

Didn't know that one.