What Games Do You Think Need A Reboot

Morrowind is the thing I wish was reborn. I liked the user interface a lot. Now being really into minecraft, I just hope it does not have the same fate. By the way, realizing that it really pushes me to go further I decided to host my own server there. Through lots of variants on net, I found the best minecraft server hosting. Their hosting is great, with really kind staff which provide information if needed. They have really simple and safe way to enter links. Really nice Web Design and are truly supportive if needed.

1 Like

image This game just had a timeless story and music for me. Would love to see a reboot and how gameplay might be from the old turn style battle system.

Battlefield 1942 with the same mod support.

That might sound strange but let me explain. Back when EA just pressed the discs, I believe the true DICE spirit made this game so great.

First of all the game blew my mind. You could walk, drive a car, drive a tank, fly an airplane, control a ship and a u-boat. 128 players on 1 server. It was something I had never seen before in 2002.

But what I always remember about the game will be the mod support. The software was included on the cdā€™s. The community went all out, Battlefield Pirates, a Star Wars mod, a Interstate 82 mod, a Vietnam mod (Eve of Destruction), a Gulf war mod (Desert Combat), a WW1 mod (Forgotten Hope) and a stunt mod (Action Battlefield).

I wonder if I will ever experience such a creative community around a game again. DICE truly went all out to make the best game for the players.

I want to see sequel of Dragon Age, Iā€™m tired of playing DA:Origin/Inquisition

1 Like

What, you donā€™t like Dragon Age II

?

:smiley:

(neither do i, i really should get back into inquisition, i never got too far in that one either, but Origins was great).

1 Like

I would love to see this remade as I am a fan of RTS. With the new movie coming out, maybe its a possibility, but we probably wont have ā€œStingā€ for House Harkonnen. lol

It would be nice to have some live video and plot for each side.

ohā€¦andā€¦

3 Likes

With the new movie coming out it is entirely possible, but I just know they will either make it FPS or Live Service MMO or somethingā€¦

1 Like

Yeah sadly, seems Single Player story driven genera is dying with so much money to be had with multiplayer.

With the movie AAANNNDDD Petroglyph (ex Westwood) have recently remade C&C + Red Alert which shared an engineā€¦

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say thatā€¦ I mean the live service garbage is the new hot thing, but so were the MMOs and whatever else there were. And yet there is Dark Souls, that is generally a single player experience, there are still great games and series, based on single player gameplay - Horizon Zero Dawn, Last of Us, Serious Sam 4 just came out, even the consoles are going more single player route this generationā€¦

Itā€™s just a few big companies making a lot of noise about their multiplayer garbageā€¦

2 Likes

This is very true.

1 Like
  • Crimson Skies

• This Xbox 360 title was a treat to play. Fun campaign, interesting multiplayer dogfighting and a completely fresh take on aircraft that I believe was in a world of its own. Sure youā€™ve got MSFS which is a great flight sim, but what about a retro-future fun take on aircraft? With todayā€™s technology the opportunity to have a semi-open world flying game with interesting and non-real life aircraft (not like a WW2 flight sim) is ripe. We have nothing like this title. Everything is either realistic past, or way too futuristic. Nothing resides in the semi-steampunk flyer genre. There are some ā€œarcade-yā€ shooters that have gameplay somewhat like it, but the universes in which theyā€™re built are completely different. It doesnā€™t necessarily need to be an arcade-style flying game, its the world that I think they could carry forward into a new, larger scale game.
  • Iron Brigade (Trenched)

• This was an Xbox Live Arcade game made by Double Fine which blended two genres together with some hilarious panache and nuance. Think Mech Assault mixed with your favorite tower defense game. Played like a looter/shooter with that similar self-aware humor as Borderlands and plenty of customizations and great co-op. Every mission felt like you were in one of those APUā€™s from the Matrix Revolutions, except you were in a WW1-esque alternate reality. Originally called ā€œTrenchedā€, Iron Brigade had its ups and downs of acquisition and Games for Windows Live issuesā€¦ but it is still on Steam and I still play it (despite the network woes). I think it desperately needs a reboot but Double Fine is too preoccupied with the Psychonauts titles.
1 Like

Baldurā€™s Gate - already happening

Darklands- very old CRPG based in Germany. Despite the low fantasy elements, very historically accurate.

Ravenloft/Stone Prophet - Ancient SSI games I very much enjoyed back in the day. Not exemplars of the genre, but Iā€™m a sucker for gothic horror.

Sid Meierā€™s Alpha Centauri - sort of a high tech Civilization clone in outer space. I like the concept of the Civ games in general, but banging on people with rocks is not my cup of tea. Iā€™d rather shoot them with lasers right out of the gateā€¦

Grim Fanfango - was rebooted, but just making small PSA about it

One mildly entertaining idea, that I could think of, should Project Red do a little library backtracking. Witcher 2, but implementing the rehashed Red Engine [from Witcher 3]. IF you try pushing all the toggles, for Witcher 2 [+ ubersample], still could put newer well spec systems to a crawl, with that original Red Engine [aka, a proper PC Melter].

If someone could get Dead Space IP, off of EAs [corruptive and caustic] hands too

Reminder.

1 Like

Muh personal threshold is 10ā‚¬ā€¦ 10 is the maximum I will pay for a game. And thatā€™s how I got almost 200 games for less than 200$ spent. Also Iā€™m hunting for free games like a crazy person.

I would say that ā€œFlatOutā€ needs a reboot as the same as some other racing games.

I would love Echochrome to be remade just because it would be great to have it again. it is such a shame a lot of these games just vanish when the system goes away.

1 Like

I would really love a Lords of the Realm II remake. I loved that game as a kid and still play it now every once in a while. I never really liked the sequel to it.

Thereā€™s also an old Xbox game that I think would be awesome if they remade: Blood Wake.