What Games Do You Think Need A Reboot

EA beat all records by rebooting Mirrors Edge after 1 game, but Star Citizen will outdo them by rebooting before they even release the game they are rebooting…
That would be gorgeous.

2 Likes

Nuff said.

3 Likes

OK, been retrogaming a little bit…

• The Last Ninja
  • Turrican
  • Defender
  • BoulderDash
2 Likes

I’ll also add: International Karate Plus (IK+)

1 Like

I was playing Prison Architect the other day and it’s still fun, but oh could it use a reboot built from the ground up with both more intricate functinality and detail polish.

1 Like

I could really use a reboot of the Journeyman Project games, but as a sort of wandering discovery game like Dear Esther. It might be really cool with VR support too.

1 Like
  • Onimusha
  • Kingdoms of Amalur (THQ Nordic bought the rights, so there’s still hope)
  • Fable (unlikely to happen, thx Microshit)
  • Dead Space (great games, messed up by EA’s greed)
  • Jade Empire (lets see how long until EA closes Bioware)

Not reboot, but a port: Lost Odyssey. Microsoft’s XBox exclusive to rival FF games (heavily influence by the series, as some people were on board who worked on FF games). Outstanding soundtrack, fantastic story. I need it on PC.

3 Likes

I had never heard of this game before, but I will now second your port opinion. It seems super interesting, not sure how it flew under my radar, but a port would be a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

2 Likes

So you think if they remake it it won’t be even worse?

1 Like

I never said with the same publisher involved.
Although, EA probably won’t give up the rights for it.

2 Likes

Need a two or a reboot… love that game

I’ve heard some rumors about 2 being in the making a bit before the last E3…

BTW good bye E3… Sony, Nintendo, EA, all gone from there… Bethesda and Ubisoft alone don’t really make E3…

1 Like

Burnout Franchise

1 Like

Your wish is granted!

1 Like

I’m playing through burnout paradise right now haha. My brother and I used to play it together as kids so it’s got some fond memories tied to it

1 Like

Another game I think deserves a fresh take would be Zelda II - Adventure of Link to the NES.

Imagine if the dungeons were more updated to follow the Zelda formula, perhaps with some classic items such as the hookshot replacing say, the boots or something. It could be grand. :slight_smile:

Then again, I’m in the minority that actually like the second Zelda game more than the first one, though objectively speaking the first one is probably better…

2 Likes

FWIW there’s a game called Road Redemption on steam (that’s currently on sale) which is basically modern road rash. Haven’t played it, but reviews say it’s alright.
Here you go.

3 Likes

I should have said that too. I know of it but also have not played it. I should really give it a go.

1 Like

It really is inexpensive at the moment and if you don’t like it, you’re able to get a refund if you’re under 2 hours. Nothing to lose imo.

2 Likes

The first three Jak & Daxter games.

2 Likes