What game are you currently playing thread?

just started playing fallout 2.

only thing i miss from fallout 1 is holding shift to highlight items

1 Like

Had some snow/ice storms last week, so that gave me some time to finally get into Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. So far I'm having a lot of fun mixed with intermittent frustration since I'm the type of person who goes for the 'ghost' playthroughs and such.

2 Likes

It was only after I put ht RX 480 in my PC that I realized "hey, dumbass! you don't really have any GPU-heavy games!".
So I fired up Batman Arkham Origins for the integrated benchmark (showed a clear improvement) and then remembered that I'm stuck at this stupid mission. Annoyed I quit and am now playing the Christmas mission in Saint's Row 4.

Exactly the reason i am still using my good old quiet, cold and some other nice words, 270X. If only it supported Freesync...

1 Like

Well, I didn't buy any GPU-intensive games because I didn't want to play them with lowered settings and a lower resolution. And I didn't buy a better GPU because I don't have games to throw at it. So it was kind of a vicious circle.

1 Like

Just put in 30 hours in Rocket League since buying it last week lol. Now I see what all the fuss was about.

1 Like

It's fun, isn't it? But then again, it's 12$... I'm not buying games, unless they are under 10$... Every game i got, that costed me more was either crap or i didn't like and had to refund...

I picked it up earlier this year for about $9.60 and here I am 479 hours later lol

Overwatch

1 Like

World of Tanks mostly but will be starting Dead Space soon. Possibly this weekend.

Skyrim. nothing too special.

1 Like

Crippling depression simulator.

Kidding. I was playing a lot of overwatch. Sort of just stopped playing after ranking up to platinum. Didn't feel like dealing with people in that rank.

Dark souls <3

1 Like

Talk to me...
I suck at it, but I love that game..

No matter how bad you are at it, I'm probably worst haha.

20 hours in, I gave up at blight town... Got into it this year. It's basically my game of the year. I love the design, I love the philosophy, I love everything about it. But I am in love with it.
Honestly I feel sorry about queelag and get sister...
I love the battle system and the logic of it.

1 Like

I agree, it's a very interesting experience. The story is awesome.
Don't give up, the secret to beating DS is patience and nothing more.
also gitting gud

1 Like

I know. I am very picky when it comes to gaming. Tight game design can make up for a lot of deficiency in every other aspect. But I just gave up at blight town. I started it up again so I may finish it up, but I am more interested in the gameplay and design than whatever else. And I already know everything I need to know to rate Dark Souls 1 as game of the year and one of my top3 of all time.

a clue, grab the key from top of firelink shrine, then travel using the nest to a place where you'll get a useful ring for blightown, also poisonbite ring is useful which can be purchased after ringing the first bell.
and if you like the story, check the series "prepare to cry" from VaatiVidya on youtube (spoiler alert)

also google dsfix and install it to unlock 60fps if you haven't :)

1 Like

If it helps, try buying a bunch of the moss that cures toxic from the lady in the cell.. I'm sure you've ran into her by now. (forgot exactly where she is)
The way to the boss in blight town is actually pretty easy. Once you get to the bonfire in the small tunel you should see a islands sticking out of the sludge. If you keep rolling from one island to the next you shouldnt get poisoned. Keep in mind you should let your toxic meter drop before going for the next one. When you get near the boss room there should by giant dudes with boulders. You can ignore them if you want, they have a pretty short leash. You can outrun them and they'l give up once you reach the cave entrance.

Don't give up so soon. The game only gets better
edit:

Pretty much the path to take