What do you think of this AMD Build FX-8350?

CPU:                       AMD FX-8350 Eight Core 4.0GHz AM3+ - Box

M. Board:                Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3+, 990FX

Graphics Card:       MSI GTX660 OC 2GB GDDR5

PSU:                      Corsair VS650 650W Series Active PFC 12cm Fan PSU

Memory:                 Corsair 4x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz Vengeance Quad Channel CL9-9-9-24

Cooling:                  Deepcool ice blade pro

it's a gaming desktop, what can i improve or should i improve anything at all, keeping in mind that this build reaches the limits of my budget.

thanks all great forum you've got here plus i adore the "font" used on teksyndicate text :D

I think you have a grate build. I would change a few things based on priceing tho. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mMi5

I put an 7870 on because its cheaper thant he 660's and the 7870 is about 10-15% faster. or if your going to go with that range of gpu you could get an hd 6970 @ $159 its as fast if not faster than the 7870.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202035

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mMi5

omg things are much cheaper in the us than they are in israel. my build costs upto 1000$ +

i wanna cry right now. the 6970 is still around 500$ !!! prices never drop here :((

the GTX660 is 300$ and the 7870 is 360$ damn

http://en.ksp.co.il/

things like quad channel vs dual channel for the memory. should i get 2*4gb instead of 4*2gb ?

I dont think AMD supports quadchannel. besides it's not that a big advantage, (about 5% faster on intelsystems if I remember)

You should be happy & fine with dualchannel. (its also sometimes easyer for OC'ing to only have 2 DIMM's instead of 4 for AMD systems, correct me if I'm wrong)

people correct him if he's wrong. :D lol

i went to the excel book and changed the mem sticks to (Corsair 2x4GB XMS3 1333MHZ CL9-9-9-24). it's cheaper too. my build now costs 20$ less.

amd only supports dual channel ram so you should get 2x4gb

ok that was great help thaaaanks.

how about the gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, there's also another option for me that is the Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0

i'm torn between these two motherboards and they are exactly the same price !!

a 660 and a 7870 perform exactly the same, if the 660 is cheaper, get it

This is an Excellent Build. But in my Opinion on the Graphics Card the 660 is great. but later on the in the future wait until AMD releases their new Series of graphics cards then Look up Benchmarks in Comparison to the Nvidia 700 Series and See which has Good Performance for the Price. then upgrade.

between those boards, the gigabyte if you plan on adding another graphics card

asus for better overclocking

m5a99fx pro for both (if you can afford it/ need GOOD sli/cf support)

thanks to you Kat and to everyone else for the replies i was thinking the same thing actually.

finally i've decided what platform i wanted that is AMD. but right now i'm doing final tweaks on the build.

if you've read the past replies i was going to get 4X2GB of memory (quad channel) the guys said FX-8350 doesn't support quad channel, i'm glad i asked that question now.

for the motherboard i read somewhere that the gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 has some issues booting for the first time and that this is a widespread issue with that board (many are faulty).

now i'm thinking i should get the Asus M5A99X evo R2.0 !!

what are your thoughts on that could the claims about faulty gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 be just false accusations or bad builds or smthn. and which of the two boards is best.

help me out guys i'm getting this build in few days.

the build looks fine, if you not plan onto overclock then the gigabyte is fine, but if you prefer overclocking then i would recommend to look up at a Asus board,

Asus Sabertooth 990Fx R2.0 or if thats to expensive the Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0.

The Asus M5A99X evo R2.0 is the same board as the FX pro, only it hass less pci-e lanes, that means, its not realy a fantastic board wenn it comes to CF/sli setups, but still you could run CF/sli at 8X but on the M5A99FX pro R2.0 you could run it a 16X.

You missing the Hard Drives and SSDs but it is a good build but i recommend to clock the RAM at 1866MHz and since your keeping a budget get a Hard Drive of 500GB or 1TB depending which you can afford if you can't afford both then get lower Hard Drive memory like at least 300GB 

i already have the hard drives no worries there ;)

Please stay away from that mobo if you're using an SSD and running windows 7.

I had the GIGABYTE 990fxa-d3 and the boot times were terrible with a 840 pro.
Took 1minute 30seconds plus to boot.
When i changed mine to an ASROCK 990fx ex4, the boot time was greatly reduced to 25seconds as it had fast boot technology.

It looks good to me. Not very mafiliar with the AMD motherboards though, so I can't say about them.

What I would do is buy a PSU with less wattage and invest that money in a slightly better GPU, but if you plan to add another GPU in the future then yes 650W is just right, but for the current build you will be perfectly fine with a good quality 500W PSU. 

thanks mate kostadin_gf, i'll take that into consideration

i've been using google to search for some keywords like 8350 overheat, temp, unstable, etc.

i found a lot of people complaining about heat problems with the 8350 so it seems to be a common issue with this 8350 cpu. should i be worried about that ?

here's one example,

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51908

up

The thing about serching for problems online is that you will almost find something about any product. Most people don't have any problems and they never say it, but the ones who have are the ones who post it. See what I mean. If you have a good CPU you will almost never go to a forum and say, hey I have good CPU temps, but if you don't you will post it and ask questions.