What CPU Waterblock should I get for my planned Threadripper 7000 build?

I’m planing my PC upgrade to a Threadripper 7970X or 7975WX. As my current cooling solution won’t work with the sTR5 CPUs I want to go custom loop for the first time. I have tried to compare the available waterblocks that are compatible with sTR5 but there don’t seem to exist any up to date reviews comparing the latest blocks.

I need help deciding between these blocks:

EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4

EK-Pro CPU WB sTR

Alphacool Eisblock XPX Pro Aurora - Full Brass Chrome Digital RGB

Alphacool Eisblock XPX Pro 1U

HEATKILLER IV PRO for Threadripper COPPER NICKEL

or maybe you have an even better block you would recomend?

I understand that you need help choosing between some blocks. I use the AMD Threadripper 3X block with the EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 - Full Nickel block, one of the best blocks I have ever used. EK informed me that the block’s solid mass and material give it more physical weight than any other block from EK or most competitors. Due to this, it can disperse heat effectively and provide excellent results. I have read many reviews on Alphacool blocks, but the research never seems to add up. I also looked into the Watercool block, but it was not present when I tested. I am partial to the EK brand, so I do not want to sound biased, but out of the blocks you listed, I would say that EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 - Full Nickel is the best option available.

1 Like

The only other block I went back and forth about was the Combino Block. Check it and confirm if they are making a block for your current block.

Anyone have more insight on waterblocks for Threadripper?
These were the only real review I could find but it is on pretty old gen CPUs:

That Heatkiller looks great, especially for the price. The new EK sounds good too, but the price is far higher.