What can I upgrade to? RAM for AIO

Hey guys I’m trying to figure out what kind of RAM speed my AIO systems can handle. Just bought 8 HP EliteOne 800 G2 23-inch Touch All-in-One PCs at auction they need more than 8 Gigs of RAM. I was looking at some crucial that is SO-DIMM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600). Will that work properly or do I need to get slower (and more expensive) like what is in it?
Planning on 16G for most but want 32 in my personal system. Currently they have one Samsung M471A1G43DB0-CPB 8GB DDR4-2133 CL15 each.

After that I need to figure out what type of NVME will go in the empty slot HP website isn’t very helpful.

Edit: the processors are i5-6500

Unless HP supports setting a higher DRAM clock the fastest officially supported speed on the i5-6500 is still only 2133. Installing faster DRAM, even if it’s JEDEC SPD and not XMP, won’t guarantee you faster speeds without some manual control option. You can find bulk SODIMMs all over the place for super cheap so grabbing some shouldn’t cost a fortune.

1 Like

I just Googled hp eliteone 800 g2 23-in non-touch aio RAM and got HP - Compaq | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com.

And it says you can use DDR 2400 max 32GB. And it lists 2280 size NVME drives also.

1 Like

It can sometimes be wrong, but I don’t think 2400 cost much more than 2133 these days so might as well get it

1 Like

Where would you recommend getting those? Actually considering getting some more computers if I can sell some of these. Would love to save some money.

I ended up getting some 2666mz from amazon it works fine but runs at 2133mz

Silicon Power DDR4 32GB (16GBx2) 2666MHz 260-pin CL19 1.2V SODIMM Laptop RAM Computer Memory SU032GBSFU266B22AB

Anyone else know of these cheap bulk So-Dimms? Still looking. Perhaps their was some confusion what I bought was for my personal rig still need cheap RAM for he ones I want to sell. Specifically looking for 8GB sticks of DDR4 though I might consider 4s if they were really cheap it would limit how much I can put in them though.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.