What are you currently listening to (Non-metal edition)?

watching the first one now its so current era :smiley:

checkout HiĂ©rophante - ClichĂ©s some of their other songs are great too but, very very nsfw and you won’t find them on youtube, only on their linktree. Think i have posted cliches either here or in the lounge already so.

and the last one, right at 1:13 mark :smiling_face: :headphones:

1 Like

By a coincidence I use this as my banner on some sites :smiley:

1 Like

love it!

2 Likes

Right in the feels.

2 Likes

Feel dat.
How’s this?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think the studio version is as good. I’m not really a Prince fan, but his live shows were always spec-tac-ular.

I mean, this 13 minute version of Play that funky music is clearly too short!

I mean
 I would even have watched the first half of the game just for this.

1 Like

This is also an utterly brilliant performance

1 Like

Unbelievable piece of art and one of my all time favorites.

1 Like

Agreed. He was an incredible improv guitarist.

1 Like
1 Like

07:33 on my way to work I suddenly had to listen to this.

I love Run-DMC’s album Raising hell. The drum sound is tight!

32 years later I can’t hear the question “Can I kick it?” without replying “Yes you can!”

So good, and it was kind of weird when house music sampled rap instead of the other way around.

First lines hits like a fist. “It’s like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how I keep from going under.”

Utterly brilliant. Pronounced with an umpty.

MotFD’s New Album
I want to pre-order the vinyl, but it doesn’t ship to the usa T.T

1 Like

I’ve been told I have an eclectic taste in music.

1 Like

dognights will ship worldwide once a copy becomes available on the 28th. I checked Discogs and no one seems to have the vinyl copy yet so, just wait a little bit longer :innocent:

i have had the first one on loop, luv it :headphones:

1 Like

Food and music I think is best when we mix it all together and make new cool things out of it. Wish Afropop was a bit bigger around here because they’re doing some really cool stuff.

Yemi Alade is huuuge in Western Africa, mixing African and Western rhythms and styles.

Nigerian pidgin isn’t always easy to understand, but Johnny has been a bad boy and now these three fine ladies want to have a serious talk with him.

Again, mixing, copying, combining. Falz did a cover of Childish Gambino’s This is America but moved it to Nigheria with the problem they have there with corrupt politicians, churches talking about seeding money, and terrorist groups.

Oh come on. They sing in Zulu, you’ll learn it in a couple of weeks.

The Algerian DJ duo Kore & Skalp started a project almost 20 years ago they called Raï’n’B Fever where they mix different kinds of music and artists from North and West Africa. Magic System are from the Ivory Coast, 113 from France, and so on.