What 3D printers does everyone own?

I have a Hesine i3 that I got last year from China for about $200. Had to build it from scratch, but a season of Father Ted later it was finished. Since then I've had to replace the extruder because the hob gear started sticking but now it's working great. I just used it to print a Spaceco bracket for my monitor arms.

@Avendor7 Seems like a fairly simple printer, what extrusion issues are you having?

is that one of the acrylic frame ones you see on ebay?

That's the one :D

1 Like

I tried to replace the stock extruder with something very very similar to this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:728158 but had problems with under extrusion. Making tweaks was a pain in the butt because I would have to take the whole thing apart to tweak it. I tried going back to the stock extruder but the hot end isn't well enough secured and would lead to it going out of alignment a lot. I need to get my friend to 3D print me a bowden style extruder, but we need to get some parts first. So the printer is sitting on a shelf right now.

Eventually I will just buy a new printer so I don't need to constantly print parts to get a working printer.

Do you even industrial printer bro?

1 Like

Bro, China

Wombat Modus (400x400x520)
Mini Kossel Delta
Ecubmaker Fantasy (flashforge pro clone)

I'm still working on upgrading them, takes crazy amount of time to get things from overseas at this time of year.

Yeah fair enough. A bowden extruder may help, as it gets the weight off the print head. I wouldn't put much faith in printing the extruder housing, unless you have some good strong material. It will still probably melt to to some degree.

I forgot that I own this 3D printer based on a modified Kossel of my own design.
(just stumbled on a model I posted way back)

I bought a PowerSpec 3D Pro 2 sometime in October and its probably one of the coolest machines I own :). I had a lot of trouble with it in the beginning(software related), but after lots of tinkering, a few timeouts, and face palming it works flawlessly. The only problem I have now is that, well... I want(need?) another printer, that's more of a lighter duty/cheaper machine and I want to print most of the parts for it(?? http://www.reprap.org/wiki/Wilson).

1 Like

The prusa i3 Mk2 is supposed to be an amazing 3D printer. It's open source so you could build one of them

2 Likes

Printrbot doesn't offer heated bed upgrades for the Simple anymore.

FACK :(

That bites:/. But you can still put a heated bed on. Just a 3rd party one. The printrbot controller board has all the pins needed. You may need a power supply upgrade but I'm not quite sure. You could also go for a silicone heated bed that runs off mains power. They can get a lot hotter too.

Got my I3 kit today so will be assembling that later. I think the most useful thing that will ever be printed on it will be some dog wheels for my pug.

1 Like

I just ordered a Prusa i3 Mk2. Reviews I could find made it sound like the best thing since sliced bread for the money. I'm hoping I made the right choice, but time will tell once I receive it.

I was torn between it and the PowerSpec model that's similarly priced at Microcenter as I was very impressed with their display model that had been running what appeared to be non stop for almost a year, at least until the two guys in the DIY department left and now they don't appear to have anyone who knows how to operate it so it just sits unused now.

Printrbot Plus V2

I own a Flash Forge Creator Pro, Its OK but I do not use it as much as I should.

When 7 hours of printing turns into 9 hours...

Both nozzles were clogged and I had to re-level the nozzles(since they were messed up from the factory). I cant wait to start printing upgrades for this thing.

Here is my MODUS printer in final testing phase after oh so many issues I don't know where to begin.
(mostly because I was sent allot of wrong or missing parts!)

I will upload more once I actually print something worth while. Atm that little hose fitting was the first thing printed that didn't turn into a disaster (hopefully no more major hiccups)

3 Likes