Wendell please let me buy you steam games

I just found out that outer wolds is now an epic store exclusive too. I’m actually starting to hate epic for stealing all the games i wanna play on pc

4 Likes

Remember, it spies on your Steam process if you have both Steam and EGS installed at the same time. So you need maximum Spectre mitigations and a completely isolated Windows VM to run EGS if you value not having your game launcher spy on you.

Source?

3 Likes

turns out it’s also available on the xbox app for pc… the devil you know :wink:

Not wishing to get off the rails here but there is a post on the second page of that topic that has a counter point or valid reason as to why they might be completely wrong about the assumptions that EGS is spying. Not just reading then first post and taking up pitchforks.

Though I still do not support epic and their exclusive crap.

Is there anything you would recommend? The new stellaris dlc maybe if it isn’t too much. I have no idea what I want to add to my steam, though.

1 Like

new stellaris dlc (on sale)
kenshi
age of empires 2 and the new age of empires definitive edition. multiplayer with voobly is pretty good.
ck 2 with mods. (on sale bit pricey)
mount and blade (new one soon)
outerworlds when it comes out on steam

Outerworlds would be awesome too. I ve heard good things about mount and blade …Ryan already has outerworlds too but that’s a bit much , so any of those or Stellaris would be totes k

1 Like

I hear RDR2 is good for messing around in multiplayer, but then you would be supporting Rockstar, a POS organisation. :slight_smile:

@ryan stream some escape from tarkov

To be fair, i played BL1 (admittedly after BL2) and it just didn’t grab me.

BL2 is bullet spongey (to an extreme in OP modes), but there is at least strategy, teamwork and tactics involved, especially multiplayer.

1 Like

@wendell so that sounds like a yes but i need to add you on steam to buy you anything. also they fixed the new stellaris dlc which came out 2 weeks ago. you can now play as rock people and teraform worlds by meteor striking it.

1 Like

Which, much like your post here, no one acknowledged or responded to.

Just lmao.

“EPIC GAMES LOOKS FOR COOKIES AND BROWSER DATA!”

Yeah… you can authenticate via the browser…

“SPYWARE!”

Telemetry != spyware
Being written in a webkit != spyware
Software != spyware
Things I don’t understand != spyware
My packaged lunch != spyware
Windows 10 != spyware

2 Likes

I love it when you reply to silly posts before you have coffee.

2 Likes

Ugh, I hate it. See edit. I’ve redacted some items off the list.

Happens to me too at times.
More often than not, I manage to take a deep breath and cancel my reply. Lurk more they say.

1 Like