Welcome to clownworld!

You get this PR, what would you do?

Some more clown world stuff.

6 Likes

Modified terminology for inclusive language by cognitivegears Ā· Pull Request #7 Ā· Mastercard-Gateway/simplify-shopping Ā· GitHub
I am very disapointed in you, working for and perpetuating a super duper racist company, the name should be changed to maincard .

master is a derogatory term and you should be deeply ashamed for working for such an incensitive company.

Lol

6 Likes

They changed the word from dummy to sample in a comment block.

Nothing wrong with that but a PR the just updates comments for alternate grammar is a waste of time for the maintainers to review.

3 Likes

ā€œNo tests/no way to prevent backsliding regressions/not good enough.ā€

1 Like

Ignore the commit and move on with my day. Thatā€™s how you deal with people so entitled and dumb that donā€™t understand that some terminology is used in the programming world because it just works and delivers the meaning at a glance.
Also calling a branch ā€œmasterā€ could be inciting to slavery, if it was for these kind of people, right?

The second one you linked looks like an elaborate trolling software but useless, like thefuck (which can be actually useful).

These programs make me feel like I should write down a CLI tool too that just takes you off the internet when you go too far with the BS.

1 Like

Honk, honk.

1 Like

The should just run all their code through something like sed to strip out all the comments, and randomize all the variable and function names before they commit.

Then the ~main~ programmers whoā€™ve wasted years submitting only PRā€™s consisting of word swaps in readme.md and language policing comments can finally get some real work done.

also, some of that has to be trolling.

ā€œWill that be Maincard or Visa?ā€

2 Likes

Visa is racist, itā€™s a tool to prevent brown people from entering a country. You should rename your company to ā€œFree Entryā€ or ā€œPoC Welcomeā€ or ā€œInclusivePass.ā€

5 Likes

They need a 5th grader in their PR team to explain to them the difference between sample and dummy.

I canā€™t believe there are people actually using that software for something. Isnā€™t common sense and not being discriminatory enough to understand when language is used in a non-inclusive way?

Iā€™d be so pissed if someone actually merged a stupid change like that to the code I mantain for a company. Itā€™s hard to keep track of the changes regardless of wording, this makes it much harder!

1 Like

Itā€™s all about removing words altogether, so people canā€™t use them to express ideas at all. Where again did I hear about dictionaries losing words instead of gaining new ones? Hmmā€¦ I suddenly canā€™t remember, where did I hear that?

I believe this is a sign the program you maintain is so complex, itā€™s unmaintainable. Iā€™m not a programmer, but Iā€™m biased, I follow the KISS and Unix philosophies to an extreme degree and believe the Suckless devs, OpenBSD devs, Wireguard devs and some others to be right in their approaches to writing software.

2 Likes

Iā€™d guess thatā€™s a workaround to keep an ā€œautomated workerā€ from flagging and opening a PR to fix the ableist? language over and over. The real fix is a pull request and an email to somebodyā€™s boss at the third party libraryā€™s company

Lol, git.

Thereā€™s an opportunity here. A tool that automatically cleans up code and submits it to public repos.

Imagine: One local repo the devs work on with enumerated swearwords for variables and racial slurs for function names. They commit to local version control and everything is fine, another version control maintains a automagically cleaned copy that is identical except the naughty language has been filtered out, and looks as if it were always clean and that is what is pushed to GitHub.

If a useful pull request is submitted on GitHub any new stuff is assigned new enumerated swear words and future racial slurs, and merged back into the dirty copy.

Basically an automated ministry of truth for cleaning up local/public facing git repos.

Devs at companies can code away with pee and fart jokes, and no GitHub user will ever have to have their eyes scorched with naughty or racist combinations of characters again.

There could be a patch wordswap registry for varying degrees and specialized flavors of triggering content, or varying degrees of cleanliness

2 Likes

Yeah, didnā€™t think of it since Iā€™m a sysadmin. Iā€™m just there keeping track of changes through all the deployment cycles.

Attention: :honkler: :earth_americas:

That is all.

3 Likes

Since weā€™re having fun, Iā€™ll just bring up this old masterpiece again. Straight off the bat, it fully addresses the master problem, and just keeps on swinging.

7 Likes

This is such an elegant shitpost. I tip my hat to the guy who created it.

3 Likes

Please tell me this is satire! :rofl:

How to contribute:

Absolutely no coding experience is necessary: all code are equal in the eyes of the Feminist Software Foundation.

Yeah right, thatā€™s how things get done nowadays.

3 Likes

My friend and I just dug into it, it was created 1 month after this was published:

Worked on for about 3 months, then nothing ever happened again.

Definitely satire. Also, the best satire Iā€™ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Definitely a modest proposal.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad it is in fact satire, but with things being the way they are right now, I wouldnā€™t even be surprised if this were actually serious.

I tip my hat to whoever made this.

3 Likes

Itā€™s absolutely satire. More or less a creation of 4chanā€™s /g/ board basically.

As some background, several years ago there was a massive influx of online narcissists and extortionists acting under the banner of feminism who realized that they could get money and power by trying to insert themselves into various businesses and controlling peopleā€™s thoughts/speech. Much in the same way that Al Sharpton pretends to be a civil rights hero.

Many of the dumber businesses (like Intel) initially fell for this nonsense. Naturally, autistic social misfits were annoyed by this, but they got really fired up when these so called feminists started going after their social misfit hobbies like game companies and open source software. Said channers responded with their usual grace in an online war that lasted for literal fucking years.

Fortunately all the businesses that actually wanted to be productive (obviously not Intel) eventually realized what was going on with their bad faith employees and dialed back most of that shit and that particular version of dumpster fires has all but settled down.

Basically it was Woke War I, and the latest batch of woke memes are just minor skirmishes in comparison.

3 Likes