Weird problem with keys acting stuck but were physically fine

First problem I noticed was the touchpad became unresponsive. Didn't think much about it since I have a mouse. Then the 1 key began repeating, making it impossible to open my start menu or look for a solution online as all the seach fields would become filled with 1s. On top of that the up arrow became stuck. I removed the keys but they appeared to be in perfect condition.

I was afraid to do a reboot in case I couldn't log back in if the 1 key continued to repeat. So I deleted the keyboard drives which seemed to solve the problem. Now everything works fine including the touchpad. I don't know what caused this exactly. I scanned for malware but nothing came up.

I wanted to post this in case someone else had a similar experience.

Windows? Linux? What keyboard? What laptop?

It's windows 10 on an HP laptop and it was happening on the built in keyboard.

How long have you had it? Maybe sticky keys decided to turn on and mess some stuff up

I bought it second hand at disc replay, it was factory reset, but I personally have only had it a few months.

The laptop was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and only refreshed when you bought it? That might be the issue because Windows updates can break the experience at times if the hardware doesen't have the latest driver available (or the one suggested by Microsoft)