Weird issue with GTX1060 in Win10 Guest

I’ve been trying to troubleshoot a weird issue with my Win10 guest using a GTX1060 passed through to it. All the hardware is passed through fine and generally it works but… my guest will become graphically unresponsive unless i am moving the mouse or using the keyboard on the host system. Serious. I have a separate kb/mouse passed via usb, these will still work on the guest the whole time, I just can’t click or type anything, but the mouse cursor still moves. Then when I move the mouse on the host everything i typed in the guest will be displayed e.g. some text in notepad.

Also if I stop making inputs on the host, the guest nvlddmkm driver will crash. If I start moving the mouse around on the host the driver will recover in the guest.

My system is running on a Gigabyte X79 UD5 with a Xeon E5 2680 and an Nvidia GTX 1060 passed through. Host is Debian 10 (Kernel 4.19.160), guest is latest build of Win10 ISO from MS website.

Has anyone come across this weird issue before? I have a feeling it has something to do with interrupts be passed from host>guest somehow and that is interfering with the gpu driver in some way.

I ended up solving this one by enabling Message Signaled Interrupts for the NVIDIA card in the windows guest. :slight_smile: