Weird issue with EnGenius EWS357AP access point

As part of the 100 Days of Homelab, I reconfigured my home network.

The most significant thing I did was add VLANs, and then multiple SSIDs for the WLAN.

My access point is an EnGenius EWS357AP controlled from an EnGenius EWS5912FP switch.

After creating the VLANs on the pfSense router, I connect them to the switch with a tagged port, and I added tags to the port the AP is connected to.

I initially had an issue deploying the change, but eventually I got a successful deployment of the new configuration. However, I now do not get a connection to the AP for monitoring.

I have deployed a configuration with a defined Management VLAN and without. I have set that VLAN as tagged and untagged on the port in question. The switch can deploy the configuration changes, but I cannot get device access either through the controller or on its IP address.

Since the configuration is functional, it is not a priority to fix, but I would like to be able to monitor the device.

Does anyone know of a way to reset the AP short of pulling off the ceiling and using the reset button? Or anything less drastic I could try?

ETA: After posting this, I double-checked that the current configuration had the AP looking for a Managment VLAN, and that VLAN was tagged on the port the AP is attached to.

This is now working correctly.

If you can’t SSH or anything you will need to physically reset the device via the reset button.