Weird black screen when switching back to PC 1 on KVM

Hi there

Having a weird issue right now which seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I have even switched cables so I think it’s something to do with software (sorry)

Switching to my macbook is fine, works every time but once I’ve been working on my mac for quite a bit then switching back Windows just shows a black screen on monitor 1, and monitor 2 (which is independent from KVM) becomes laggy, like 30Hz.

Monitor 1 is “active” though (doesn’t go to sleep) and I can drag things around from it. I use displayfusion, not sure if that is causing the issue or it’s a driver bug.

I have to hard reset my computer when this happens.

Edit update 07/12: I reinstalled windows and it still happens so can rule out driver/software issue?

update that fixed it:

I switched the displayports around on the gpu side - that for some reason fixed it. If it were HDMI, DP1, DP2, DP3 then monitor 1 was plugged into DP2, it is now into DP1 and does not experience this issue anymore

It has returned :frowning: Toggling HDR is a temp fix to get the monijtor back to displaying an image

Is this still happening? Suggest emailing me wendell at level1techs dot com if so. Its easier go keep track of issues that way. Weird black screen like the faq says are usually cable related

Gpu input swap around fixing amything just means the signal is borderline. Better cables are maybe in order.