Webpage/GUI for server hardware performance

Howdy!

I have set up Debian 12 as my docker host and is currently running all of the applications I need. However I kinda miss the nice webGUI on TruNAS that let me see performance stats at a quick glance. Is there a good option for something like this I can spin up in a docker container real quick?

EDIT: I have Portainer installed already. I’d like something that shows hardware usage not docker stats.

Portainer or cockpit are the first things that come to mind. They do a lot more than just display stats, but if I wanted some kind of management UI for docker that’s probably where I’d start.

I have portainer. I meant for the System hardware not docker stats. CPU usage, memory, networking, etc.

I always just use the system monitor that comes with gnome.

:person_shrugging:

I vaguely remember a local guy having something he said was just called netdata. Was a widget looking thing that showed his server stats on gaming PC. It’s been a while, i could be mistaken, but i don’t think so.

2 Likes

Grafana server with Prometheus is a really good solution for getting fancy graphs. You can even create alerts and corresponding actions.

4 Likes

I like btop.

1 Like

I’m using webmin (also on my raspberries) it’s lightweight and don’t store historical data. Graphs using data stored in clients browser (LocalStorage)

There is also a dark theme of course:

And of course it is opensource GitHub - webmin/webmin: Powerful and flexible web-based server management control panel

2 Likes

There is Cockpit too…

And the 45 drives fork of it

But this is all heavy for just monitoring; allowing VM control, networking, storage and managing services, is more than just status/flow

1 Like

Netdata? GitHub - netdata/netdata: Monitor your servers, containers, and applications, in high-resolution and in real-time!

1 Like

Grafana really is the best choice.

1 Like

+1 for Grafana with Prometheus, dead simple to get it working and you can easily add more stuff over time.

1 Like

Check out glances.