KVM Model:

HDMI 2.0 KVM Switch - Dual Monitor - Two Computer

USB Interface (5-gigabit or 10-gigbit):

5-gigabit

Problem:

PC1 is my personal Desktop with Windows 10
PC2 is my work laptop with Windows 11
Both are connected to the KVM.
Webcam is connected to the front USB3 port, and other peripheries (mouse, kbd) are connected to the rear HID ports.

When I connect the webcam to my laptop directly to the usb 3.0A port, it is correctly recognized. However, if I connect to the KVM, it is only recognized in PC1 and not in PC2. Nothing appears in the Device Manager. I have used a powered USB 3.0 dock and attached the dock to the KVM, and connected the webcam to the dock, but same issue persists. The webcam is only recognized in PC1.

The webcam is Logitech C615.
Would there be any way to fix the issue?

Other Notes:

type here

Might be similar to this issue? Which machines have logitech software installed?

His solution was:

Wendell recommends:

I do not have Logitech software/drivers installed manually in neither of the PCs. It is a simple plug and play in the PC1. In PC2, I cannot install any driver by my own as I do not have the admin privilege. Would that be an issue?

1 Like

Hmm. Well, to test that, what happens when you plug the webcam directly into the laptop? KVM not included.

It works well when connected directly to the laptop.

Ah right, see that now.

What happens when you try the webcam in a HID port? The keyboard and mouse are recognized still, but the webcam is not?

With the KVM switched to the not working PC port, do other USBs work in that front USB port? For instance, try plugging the keyboard into front USB3

If I plug the webcam in HID port, PC1 freezes when I try to open the “sounds” console. Stutters, and connection becomes extremely instable. PC2 does not recognize anything.

I’m a little confused by what’s PC 1 and what’s PC 2.

Your title is “Webcam not recognized in PC1 but works fine in PC2”
Your post says " if I connect to the KVM, it is only recognized in PC1 and not in PC2"

Regardless of the numbers, it’s working with the personal PC, but not on the work laptop right?

I’m sorry. Correct. the title should be not recognized in PC2 (work laptop) but works fine in PC1 (Desktop)

@wendell ? Any ideas?

Ctrl Ctrl f7 not switching usb3 with input switch?

Ooh good idea, yeah I should’ve suggested that.

I’ll list those:

Key Sequence Function
L-Ctrl + L-Ctrl + F7 USB 3.2 Gen 1 Follow Port Selection (ON / OFF)*
L-Ctrl + L-Ctrl + U Force USB 3.2 Gen 1 Follow to Current Port

Basically, if this is accidentally turned on, you’ll make all USB3 ports go to the selected PC. This could be what’s causing your issue.

1 Like

This has fixed my issue. Thank you so much, Amber and Wendell.

1 Like