Webcam Flickering when connected to KVM

KVM Model:

CB7B4E7B47B

USB Interface (5-gigabit or 10-gigbit):

5-gigabit

Problem:

When web camera is connected to KVM (through a USB3 port) the web camera flickers while using it. The behavior is consistent across multiple web cameras of different kinds. The behavior stops when plugged directly in to a computer.

Other Notes:

Cameras used for testing:
Razer Kiyo Pro Streaming Webcam

Anker PowerConf C200 2K Webcam

Do you get the flicker in the USB HID port as well? What does device manager show when the flickering is happening? Does the flickering accompany the USB connecting/disconnecting sound?

Amber,

Sorry for the late response! I should have checked this sooner so I do apologize for the inconvenience.

As for your questions:

1. Do you get the flicker in the USB HID port as well? Both camera’s do not seem to work in the HID port. My computer does not seem to detect a camera while plugged in the HID port.

2. What does device manager show when the flickering is happening?
    The device manager says all the drivers for the cameras are working. No yellow triangles or constant refreshing while using it as it flickers.

3. Does the flickering accompany the USB connecting/disconnecting sound?
    No it does not. Nor do I see any disconnect notifications from windows 11 while using it.

Currently I am testing it with my desktop computer. I am wondering if there might be something wrong with my laptop (the computer I am getting consistent flickering) or the operating system (my desktop is on windows 10 vs my laptop is on windows 11). I will see if there are any problems with flickering on my desktop.

For my laptop is does take a couple minutes of running but it does start flickering quite consistently even just in the camera app on windows. I see it alot when running teams for work.

Power supply issue?

Also try plugging directly into the wall vs a power strip

You’re fine! First of all, have you tried power cycling the KVM? Unplugging everything and letting it sit there for a couple minutes, then plug everything back in, power supply being last.

Sure let me know how your testing goes :slight_smile: