Water Cooling Ryzen 1700

Aftermarket coolers def come with decent enough past. Stock Cooler stuff is usually fine if your not OCing but at that point you probably are rocking a none stock cooler.

Well the guy asking the question is OCing on stock, and so am I so that is why I brought it up.

Deff just rock some massive air cooler imo especially if you like the case

1 Like

Alright so I took some advice and ordered a new case and psu for my risen. I got this case ...

cause it can hold 2 of 280 mm radiators... it only comes with one chassis fan... so I will have to buy more... so what water cooler/s should I get for this... Can we connect 2 in line. Do we need to?
Should I just put a bunch of airflow fans in this instead.

I am contemplating this one I think it should fit.

Well I am impressed with this water cooler. The new box alone dropped my temps just because of air flow, however i got 20 degrees less temperature with the water cooler. I also clocked it to 3700. I stressed the cpu with cpu-z and it never hit 55 degrees. When I stress tested with the 1700 stock cooler at 3.6 it hit 75 degrees. Well i guess I can move into p-state overclocking now, but that is for another thread. Had I known there would be this much difference, I might have water cooled a little earlier in my life. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That's a pretty pessimistic attitude. Why do you feel this way?

Great choice, that 110i and the 115i are extremely popular. With fantastic customer reviews... until recently. Don't know what is going on there???

I've water cooled before but I currently have a big Noctua on my 1800x and it is doing great with my (as of an hour ago) [email protected]/1.393v. My temps are high 50c's at load on a quick stress test.

Even that said I will 're-purpose' my Lian Li case to my I-7 workstation and buy a Corsair 780T case and an Alphacool 280mm AIO very soon for my R7-1800X.

First build I tried liquid cooling, the tubes kept leaking and I destroyed 2 motherboards. Even after using additional clamps. Parts were expensive. I tried to do the whole thing, gpu water block, cpu water block etc. In the end I gave up. There was barely any difference in temps. It's just a wast of money.

Yikes! That's a bummer. Thankfully closed loop coolers are pretty reliable and reasonably priced these days.

1 Like

sounds like you might've done something a bit wrong, then.

This is precisely the reason why I kept away from water cooling...but these self contained units... rock.

Sounds like the poster above was using cheap barb style fittings, which aren't the best.

The newer compression style fittings are great though, you'd have to really go out of your way to make them leak.

Watercooling sounds scary, but makes a huge difference in temperatures, as you have found.

1 Like

Did you overclock at all?

Watercooling without overclocking is indeed a waste of money.

I have a 1700, temps at 3.8 1.36 volts:
Noctua nh u-12s: 36 idle 65ish degrees running prime 95 for an hour.

280mm 30mm thick rad that I installed this week : idle 29 degrees, prime 95 52 degrees.

Also it looks sooooo much better, and is alot quieter. Going to be adding a 240mm rad and cooling my gpu next month for sure.

Was thinking about it, but no I never tried. This was along time ago like 2008~